PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seat Delete - Whit?

NY535iManual
05-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi Folks - I know this isn't the e30 board, but I thought I might get better quality responses here.

I'm getting ready to replace the stock heated seats in my iX with non-heated sports seats. Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do with the wiring harness for the heated seats? Part of me says just leave the harness in place, but the "do it right" side says either remove the harness or clip and cap the wires.

Thanks

Scott H
05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
was probably just lying there zip tied to the seat frame x-member. I would not chop it off or cap it. Just secure it somewhere under there, as they are on E34s w/o the switch and elements.

Hi Folks - I know this isn't the e30 board, but I thought I might get better quality responses here.

I'm getting ready to replace the stock heated seats in my iX with non-heated sports seats. Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do with the wiring harness for the heated seats? Part of me says just leave the harness in place, but the "do it right" side says either remove the harness or clip and cap the wires.

Thanks

calmloki
05-19-2006, 02:03 PM

Thanks

I pulled the heated seats and harness out of an '89 E30 vert and installed them in our '89 325i. Do yourself a favor - leave the wires. They run from the console switches down to the seats (metal fold over clips in a couple spots), across the drivers side floorboard, along the L. door threshhold (lots more clips, behind and up the L. side, and then plug into a large junction block under the dash and near the firewall - also a ground connection at the steering column. The harness weighs diddly and it's real easy to rip your carpet trying to get it out or in. Also, the next person to own your car might be real happy to see the harness. The connectors are all protected - maybe pull the fuse if you are concerned. I'd call that doing it the right way.
Tom Walrod

Paul in NZ
05-19-2006, 05:17 PM
i second toms version!