PDA

View Full Version : Error 1215. Air Sensor.

Rob
05-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Can anyone quickly tell me where the air sensor is located on the M20 engine? I've just got this error on the screen now and not too sure if it's just dirty or what as now the car has a lot of hesitation on pull off. :(

Thanks guys.

Anything else that can cause this problem? I need to have this issue fixed by tonight if possible! :(

Ausmpower
05-19-2006, 06:36 AM
The air temp sensor is part of your air flow meter. If it's dead you'll need a replacement air flow meter, they are a thermal resistor (thermistor) and are not replacable on thier own.

Ross

Rob
05-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Okay. Could a hose is a water hose cause the same problem? (Other then a heating issue) or a hole in an intake pipe?

Ausmpower
05-19-2006, 09:12 AM
No, the sensor is used by the engine computer to adjust fuel and ignition timing maps (Temperature compensation).

Ross

Bill R.
05-19-2006, 09:54 AM
temp sensor. Since they rarely fail out right i would check the connection to the air flow meter first.

No, the sensor is used by the engine computer to adjust fuel and ignition timing maps (Temperature compensation).

Ross

Rustam
05-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Okay. Could a hose is a water hose cause the same problem? (Other then a heating issue) or a hole in an intake pipe?

Rob - Bentley manual provides same table for testing the intake temperature sensor of AFM and stand-alone intake air temperature of M50 and M60 engines... This suggests that their operation is similar. The stand-alone intake air temperature costs ~$50US and may prove to be a viable option if you are willing to experiement with wiring and support in case your temperature sensor is in fact bad:

http://www.bavauto.com//assets/product_images/hardpart/13621725323.jpg

The picture above is from bavauto.com site. The product has came up after a query "intake temperature sensor" for 1989 535...

Rob
06-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks Rustam. Will check it out.