PDA

View Full Version : OT: Aussies, coming to a bottlo near you

rob101
05-19-2006, 03:10 AM
This evening i took delivery of a 5.4 kg baby here are the pictures :D http://members.optusnet.com.au/k.allan/PICT0035.JPG
http://members.optusnet.com.au/k.allan/PICT0036.JPG
i mentioned these to big kriss, don't know if they have made their way to sydney yet, they are produced under licence at the castlemain brewery (of XXXX fame) in brisbane.
and the beer tastes as good as you think it does!

rob101
05-19-2006, 03:48 AM
doesn't anyone like beer here or something?

Paul in NZ
05-19-2006, 03:50 AM
Mate shouldnt you have german beer in your fridge!

rob101
05-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Mate shouldnt you have german beer in your fridge!
well next time i'll buy a keg of becks lol
but technically since it was made in australia
its australian beer ;)

Paul in NZ
05-19-2006, 04:15 AM
must say be it dutch aussie or kiwi made I am partial to a sup or three of heineken.Geeting ready for Terrigal i see!

rob101
05-19-2006, 04:25 AM
must say be it dutch aussie or kiwi made I am partial to a sup or three of heineken.Geeting ready for Terrigal i see!
well i just hope i can get one down in sydney!
no way i'll get that on a plane, steel pressure vessel how about no!

genphreak
05-19-2006, 04:46 AM
well i just hope i can get one down in sydney!
no way i'll get that on a plane, steel pressure vessel how about no!M8, looks complicated. I like twistops cos they iz ezy to manage. How do you hold a 5.4kg keg or is that what the pipe is for- some kinda drip feed (sounds cool) eh... mebbe tow it orund the party wid ya on a little trolley... no need to spill ya beer anymore... Hic

Better gobackto the pub now... :)

rob101
05-19-2006, 04:57 AM
M8, looks complicated. I like twistops cos they iz ezy to manage. How do you hold a 5.4kg keg or is that what the pipe is for- some kinda drip feed (sounds cool) eh... mebbe tow it orund the party wid ya on a little trolley... no need to spill ya beer anymore... Hic

Better gobackto the pub now... :)
nah its just like a tap, and that is what the pipe is for you just pull the lever and it comes out the pipe.
as for the trolley its not that heavy, had to hold it on my 1 km trip home though, it was sliding all around the footwell of the car.
they have another one
burger something, anyway the heineken tastes better than it does out of the tap at the pub!
PS that was the lens cap of the camera in my hand its not part of the keg lol i just used my hand for scale.

Nick.Hay
05-19-2006, 05:02 AM
We had one of those bad-boys in our fridge at the mobile-phone retailer I work for!!! Went excellently with the pizza the company 'provided' (I love petty cash!!) on friday afternoons (or lunchtime...)

;)