PDA

View Full Version : Hello to a new forum (for me)!!!

uflnuceng
05-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Jared Squires and I live just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I usually find myself hanging out on R3Vlimited.com (http://www.r3vlimited.com), e30tech.com (http://www.e30tech.com) and sometimes BF.C (http://www.bimmerforums.com) or Roadfly.com (http://www.roadfly.com). My first BMW was a 1990 E30 325i, and I have had many since then (granted, only been a BMW fanatic since April 2003). My most recent aquisition is a 1990 535i 5-speed.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/gallery/files/1/0/4/9/6/CIMG1209.JPG

I had her shipped from Southern Cali (where that picture was taken) and went to go and see her at the pound (aka the delivery terminal) and man is she dirty! I already have a custom TCD Stage 2 turbo kit paid for and arriving in pieces, and I'm working on the spare M30 motor I have in my garage.

First things first I'm going to take it to the body shop and have them freshen up the exterior (remove dents, respray, etc.) and swap out the well worn beige interior for a nicer black leather interior I'm getting from BMWWholesale.net (3 hrs down the road from me).

Then I'll do the motor/turbo/megasquirt swap that will give me about 475 rwhp. I have some questions about what to do with the headlights (they aren't in that great a shape it would seem...) and some other tasteful upgrades but I'll save that for when I pick her up from the pound later in the week.

BillionPa
05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
NICE!

and you got shadowline and M parallel wheels too, very nice.

I have a Depo kit with built in fake angel eyes that look very nice on the car (low beams anyway)

the high beams kind of suck, but i havent needed to use them since the low beams are HID and brigher than holy hell.

632 Regal
05-18-2006, 09:32 PM
nice looking car, why does it need respraying?

Zeuk in Oz
05-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Beautiful colour in that light !

Welcome !

uflnuceng
05-19-2006, 09:25 AM
nice looking car, why does it need respraying?

It has a couple dents in some places, so I'm going to have them pull them out as best as possible, use minimum puddy, and then respray. If he can color match well enough then I won't need him to respray the entire car, just individual pieces. I've always wanted a white E34 though, and I keep fighting the temptation to strip the car down to nothing, have him strip and repaint alpine white and then reassemble the car... maybe I'll do that in a year or two.

You'll discover I'm a little on the weird side.

angrypancake
05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
University of Florida Nuclear Engineering?

uflnuceng
05-19-2006, 01:47 PM
University of Florida Nuclear Engineering?

How on god's green earth did you figure that out?!?! Seriously... I always have to break that down for people... you a 'gator too? or a nuke?

SC David
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm a gator :) Albeit purple :(

Car looks awesome. You have what most people are going for right out of the box. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Keep us updated!

SC David
05-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, and I might get some windshield wipers as a first mod vs. the turbo if I were you.

angrypancake
05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
How on god's green earth did you figure that out?!?! Seriously... I always have to break that down for people... you a 'gator too? or a nuke?

lol I'm neither. I'm a Lion, and a lazy history major. Fluent in drunkspeak though?

Hell of a car btw, looks damn clean in that picture. And you already have a TCD s2? Pictures. Tons of them!

uflnuceng
05-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah, and I might get some windshield wipers as a first mod vs. the turbo if I were you.

Winner for noticing... but she shipped with wipers new wipers on it :)

I've been working through things and this is what I have so far:

1. Body work to remove dents, repaint. I noticed the "black kidneys" is actually electric tape... ghetto... going to get some new trim and have the body shop spray paint matte black.

2. Umnitza lenses are crap from the looks of them, it has a Prolumen HID 5000k kit on it and I'm going to talk with the guy at Bekkers Imports to see if he can get me a set of Hella projectors and say adios to the angel eyes.

3. Going to rebadge the car.

4. I found a black 8.5-9/10 quality interior from a 1994 540i which I'm going to swap in there, although I'm currently talking with speedwaremotorsports.com about getting me some Recaro Trend Topline seats. But at $3000 including shipping that's almost as much as I paid for the car. We'll see.

5. It has a Alpine CDA-9851 head unit which I can hook up Sirius Satellite Radio and Bluetooth for my cell phone too.

6. Remote Keyless entry... don't need the alarm but my searches on the forums makes me scared of the Stellar product from BavAuto. Might bite the bullet and go full BMW keyless entry.

7. Needs a new windshield.

8. Needs new weather stripping in some areas.

9. Might install a small subwoofer, but nothing too crazy. I hate can rattlers, but I need something with a bit more bite than the a/d/s speakers.

10. Needs new rear brake pads and rotors, but they came with the car.

That should be it for the time being till I get the TCD Stage 2 turbo in there:
* 8.0:1 CR (MLS head gasket)
* JE Forged Pistons
* ARP head studs
* Rebuilt stock head
* Balanced rotating assembly
* 2.5" single exhaust
* water/air intercooler
* GT35 turbo charger pushing about 28-30psi
* Ceramic coated turbo log-style manifold
* 65 lb/hr injectors
* Custom proprietary PnP MegaSquirt for injection and ignition with custom wiring harness

Massive horsepower baby... thank god gas is cheap.

TCD is arriving in pieces... tons and tons of plumbing is arriving daily.

SchnellE34
05-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Very nice car man!

If you are close to Pittsburgh, PA I would suggest Ryan's Auto Glass for the new windshield. I got mine for a little more than $200 and they installed it at my house the very next morning (a Saturday) before I went to work at noon. They are very professional and have a good warranty. And the glass looks sooo good!