PDA

View Full Version : E34 front kick panel speaker removal

ktteoh
05-18-2006, 11:26 AM
folks, i need step by step instructions as i'm not sure how
the kick panel is secured (both driver & passenger side) at how many locations by clips (hidden etc)

and

how the speaker is attached to the panel?

pingu
05-18-2006, 11:43 AM
There are two or three rotatable clips - they look a bit like plastic screws - that you rotate through 90 degrees to release.

You also need to pull the edging along the front door up as this goes over the kick panels. The edging has clips that secure it to the metalbodyowrk - you might break one or two of these (they're tight) but cheap to replace. Then move the kick panels backwards. Be careful with the driver's kick panel - there's a clip moulded into the kick panel (at the top of the end nearest the engine) that you don't want to break.

DABLACK
05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
step by step inst. to remove rear parcel shelf/deck would be great...thanks in advance for the piigy back on this thread kttoh

ktteoh
05-18-2006, 04:51 PM
i need some pictures - went to bruno's site but no pictures.

Felixdacat
05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
For both of you. The fronts are simple. as pingu was explaining. Follow his steps for the fronts both sides. The speakers have 4 nuts holding them in place. I have 5 1/4 infinity's, and they will not fit to factory mounts. For the rear deck, it will make it much easier to remove the rear seat entirely.
Step 1. Pull the front of the lower seat up. It is held with 2 metal locking clips, one on each side.
Step 2. Pull the bottom rear out of the car.
Step 3. You will see two brackets one on each side of the lower part of the back rest of the seat. These are mounted to the body of the car with 10mm nuts. Remove nuts.
Step 4. Grab the bottom of the backrest, and push up. This will unlock the top of the backrest. You will need to pop up the seatbelt covers on the top of the seat before you do this so you won't break them.
Step 5. The rear sail panels that hold the rear lights on either side of the rear deck will need to come out. These are held on with metal clips, and with a little effort will pop out for you.
Step 6. You will see 3 or 4 plastic caps connecting the rear deck cover to the body. These will pop out, and can also break. I call these christmas trees.
Step 7. After all of the above is done, you will be able to slide the deck cover toward you, and remove.

I know it seems like alot, but it really isn't. Once you do this you will have no problem. I found it easier this way. Good luck