PDA

View Full Version : They shaved my butt.. slighty OT

fujioko
05-18-2006, 04:15 AM
Last friday morning I awoke with severe abdominal pains. It was 3am and I was in a hotel somewhere in Mississippi. My flight back to Detroit wasn’t until 5pm.

My involvement in the trip was concluded a day before, however I needed to wait for the software engineer to do some last min code changes. I hung out in the hotel room until I got kicked out at 11:00 am then I dragged my butt to the rental car and slept in the parking lot until 2pm. By then I felt marginally better.. enough to walk.

The software guy and I made it back to the airport and I eventually arrived in Detroit. I collected my equipment (75 pounds worth) and dragged it back to my car. Oooh I was hurting!

I thought about the ER room but…. All I wanted was to lay down.

Saturday I felt much better, but it was raining so I didn’t do much . I hung out with the GF all day and she kept telling me to get my butt to the hospital..

Sunday I felt well enough to do some heavy manual labor.. and I did!

Monday I felt more or less normal with only a minor ache in the abbs. Sort of felt like I did a 100 sit-ups. (I do that all the time).

Anyway the GF called to remind me to see the Doctor. I’ll admit I wasn’t going to do it, but just to appease her I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday.

Tuesday morning the sump pump in the basement died and the basement was flooded. I thought about canceling the appointment so I could replace the pump… Anyway I decided to go ahead see the Doc, then go home and replace the pump.

The Doc only seemed mildly concerned, however he thought.. just in case "We’ll have a CT scan done". Fortunately they had an opening right away.

They told me to stay local until the scan was analyzed. Of course I ignored that advise and went to Home Depot to purchase a new pump. I got home and noticed that I had several messages on the answering machine.

Long story short… GET TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW!, DON’T DRIVE! CALL AN AMBULENCE!. You’re appendix is inflamed and ready to rupture! Of course I drove the BMW to the ER. (that makes this story slightly on topic).

They discharged me last night. I feel fine with only “gas” pains. Anyway I took a shower when I got home and noticed that they shaved my butt. Of course everyone I talked to I let them know my butt was shaved. The GF finally said "why do you tell people they shaved your butt? I think that is too much information".

I figured I would let the folks on the Bimmer forum know that my butt has been shaved. Oh yeah, I called in a favor and my buddy replaced the sump pump.

Gayle
05-18-2006, 07:06 AM
At least you didn't post pictures.

bimmer.info standards for too much information (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12579)

winfred
05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
ahhh george i knew him well

bimmer.info standards for too much information (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12579)

genphreak
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
ahhh george i knew him well Winfred, you know a normal man would need three or more sipositories to remove such a menace. Sherious Respekkkkt!

Looks like you owe your life to anti-biotics if it was MRSA. Or was it a part of your knee cartilage? :(

btw; Check this new info out about MRSA, from www.slashdot.org
"Merck has discovered a possible treatment (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/healthnews.php?newsid=43612) for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/ar_mrsa.html), or MRSA, a virulent superbug resistant to many current antibiotics. The new compound, platensimycin, was found in a sample of South African soil and works by preventing the bacteria from assembling fatty acids into its cell membrane. This mechanism of action is novel among antibiotics, most of which currently block DNA assembly or protein assembly. Of course, this product still has to undergo human testing, but apparently looks promising."

Jon K
05-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I hate appendixes they are for losers. I have one still though :(

I wouldn't even notice if they shaved my butt... that puppy is smoothe as it is! Hrm...maybe it would be even smoother...hrm....brb

fujioko
05-18-2006, 09:38 AM
In keeping with the decency of this web site I won’t post any pictures. Although I do have a copy of the CT scan on CD-ROM.

This sucks, I have the next seven days off and I’m not allowed to do anything. I cant drive because all my cars are standard shift ( I tired already) oooh that hurts!
Now its time for a nap.

ryan roopnarine
05-18-2006, 09:57 AM
......."It's in the butt, Bob."

ThoreauHD
05-18-2006, 10:24 AM
You're a very lucky man. A burst vermiform appendix is equal to a gunshot wound through the intestines- only one bit worse because it blows puss and infection all over the abdominal cavity. A bullet wound is clean.

I'm glad you are doing well. Like your car, if you hear/feel something is wrong- it is. Pay attention to it.

winfred
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
it was mrsa, after i squished the little bastard out the knee was and is fine

Looks like you owe your life to anti-biotics if it was MRSA. Or was it a part of your knee cartilage? :(

winfred
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
my cousin had one pop on her, wasn't good

You're a very lucky man. A burst vermiform appendix is equal to a gunshot wound through the intestines- only one bit worse because it blows puss and infection all over the abdominal cavity. A bullet wound is clean.

Alexlind123
05-18-2006, 12:59 PM

I think your sig pic is shaved.

Jay 535i
05-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Glad you're okay, and that nothing exploded.

There's a lesson in that. Not to be morbid or anything, but two people very close to me had identical experiences, except in both of those cases the pain turned out to be a giant tumor. One of those guys is dead now, and the other is dying.

Don't ignore your body. The doctor is your friend.

Oh, BTW, it'll grow back (the hair -- not the appendix).

Gayle
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
I think your sig pic is shaved.

LOL

Fujioko--Is that you in my sig pic?

trumpetr
05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Last friday morning I awoke with severe abdominal pains. It was 3am and I was in a hotel somewhere in Mississippi. My flight back to Detroit wasn’t until 5pm.

My involvement in the trip was concluded a day before, however I needed to wait for the software engineer to do some last min code changes. I hung out in the hotel room until I got kicked out at 11:00 am then I dragged my butt to the rental car and slept in the parking lot until 2pm. By then I felt marginally better.. enough to walk.

The software guy and I made it back to the airport and I eventually arrived in Detroit. I collected my equipment (75 pounds worth) and dragged it back to my car. Oooh I was hurting!

I thought about the ER room but…. All I wanted was to lay down.

Saturday I felt much better, but it was raining so I didn’t do much . I hung out with the GF all day and she kept telling me to get my butt to the hospital..

Sunday I felt well enough to do some heavy manual labor.. and I did!

Monday I felt more or less normal with only a minor ache in the abbs. Sort of felt like I did a 100 sit-ups. (I do that all the time).

Anyway the GF called to remind me to see the Doctor. I’ll admit I wasn’t going to do it, but just to appease her I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday.

Tuesday morning the sump pump in the basement died and the basement was flooded. I thought about canceling the appointment so I could replace the pump… Anyway I decided to go ahead see the Doc, then go home and replace the pump.

The Doc only seemed mildly concerned, however he thought.. just in case "We’ll have a CT scan done". Fortunately they had an opening right away.

They told me to stay local until the scan was analyzed. Of course I ignored that advise and went to Home Depot to purchase a new pump. I got home and noticed that I had several messages on the answering machine.

Long story short… GET TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW!, DON’T DRIVE! CALL AN AMBULENCE!. You’re appendix is inflamed and ready to rupture! Of course I drove the BMW to the ER. (that makes this story slightly on topic).

They discharged me last night. I feel fine with only “gas” pains. Anyway I took a shower when I got home and noticed that they shaved my butt. Of course everyone I talked to I let them know my butt was shaved. The GF finally said "why do you tell people they shaved your butt? I think that is too much information".

I figured I would let the folks on the Bimmer forum know that my butt has been shaved. Oh yeah, I called in a favor and my buddy replaced the sump pump.

I'm still trying to figure out why they had to shave your ass, to deal with an appendix? You didnt say if you had surgery or not,,,,im assuming you did. But, again,,why the butt shave,,,,,you access the appendix from your abdomen,,,not your undercarriage.
Still, '5 o'clock shadow' of the butt,. can be a real bitch, espescially if you are forced to scratch in public.. ("no,,my underwear isnt up my butt,,,they shaved my ass.")

Glad it was found, before the bugger burst,,,,that makes things much more uncomfortable and difficult, not to mention life threatening.

Hang in there, get well soon,,and what ever you do,,,dont put aftershave on your butt. The words, "FIRE IN THE HOLE", come to mind.

fujioko
05-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Gayle,

Could be!... Perhaps it was the morphine, but shortly after the surgery I seem to remember playing the bagpipes in a Scottish parade. It’s all a blurr.

Jay 535i
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why they had to shave your ass, to deal with an appendix?

Maybe they did a precautionary colonoscopy while you were sedated?

Or maybe the nursing staff just works too hard.

trumpetr
05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Maybe they did a precautionary colonoscopy while you were sedated?

Or maybe the nursing staff just works too hard.

Or,,,had you previously dated any of the nursing staff? We medical folks have fairly warped senses of humor,,,for instance,,,,one of my fellow medics,,,a few years back,,had a proceedure done to blast his kidney stone, with ultrasound. We went up to see him,,,,and he was sound asleep from the anesthesia and meds,,,,,so,,,we turned him over, and wrote on his ass,,with a surgical marker,,the words"HI LORA",,backwards,,,,so,,it would look normal, if he were looking at it in a mirror. (his wifes name is Lora,,,,,and we left out the letter 'O',,,,,use your imagination where we wrote the message,,,and where the letter 'o' was to be.

Yep,,,,,gonna go to hell for that one.

fujioko
05-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Oh yeah, I had the surgery!.. They shaved my butt and abdomen while I was knocked out. I look pretty stupid with the shirt off. I have atypical male hairy chest right down to the belly button.. then zip.. clean shaved. (no, they didn’t shave the package).

Anyway they cut three little hole left, right and middle. I believe they fill the abdomen with an inert gas to expand the cavity and use a little camera and some other tools to inspect, cut and yank the offending part. They draw the bad part out one of the little holes and then glue the hole shut. Really, no stitches!, just hot glue or something. Of course they have a little fun and shave your butt and giggle like little girls…..

KenB
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
My deepest symapthies.

Before my first abdominal surgery, (out of 3) I was told that they would have to shave me to prep for the surgery for precautionary removal of hair to prevent infection. (or some such nonsense) I THOUGHT they would shave a little patch where the incision would be. When two nurses appeared with a razor and a can of shave cream and a hypodermic needle, I thought we were going to have a party. While I was zoning out of the stratosphere, they proceeded to shave me from my navel almost to my knees, including the fun bits. I can't say it was a horrible experience except for after the surgery when the hair started to grow back. The itch was unbearable. Where were the nurses then??

I still can't figure out why they shaved your backside for an abdominal surgery unless they went in thru the back door. Better make sure there are no pictures floating around the surgical center of you getting teabagged while you were out of it.

trumpetr
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, I had the surgery!.. They shaved my butt and abdomen while I was knocked out. I look pretty stupid with the shirt off. I have atypical male hairy chest right down to the belly button.. then zip.. clean shaved. (no, they didn’t shave the package).

Anyway they cut three little hole left, right and middle. I believe they fill the abdomen with an inert gas to expand the cavity and use a little camera and some other tools to inspect, cut and yank the offending part. They draw the bad part out one of the little holes and then glue the hole shut. Really, no stitches!, just hot glue or something. Of course they have a little fun and shave your butt and giggle like little girls…..

Sounds like what you had,,,,was an Endoscopic Appendectomy,,,,,youre right,,,they do put in an inert gas in your abdomen,,,,(co2 and nitrogen),,,,that inflates the belly,,and makes it easier for the scope, to see what they are looking for,and the scope has the cutters to cut out the offending part,,and also has cautery,,,,to seal up any bleeding. The third hole,,is for a suction catheter,,,,to suck out the stuff they cut away,,,irrigate with saline,,,and then suck out all that, again and again,,,,then,,,they close you up. The glue,,,is really just superglue, or cyanoacrylate,,works well, for a skin glue, for small surgical wounds.

Still cant figure out why they shaved your butt,,,,unless you have a bad case of the 'gorilla ass',,,,then it needed shavin' anyway.
They usualy dont even shave,,for proceedures much anymore,,,,,as they found the risk for post op skin infections (MRSA),,is worse than the fear for introducing possible infection during a proceedure, if they dont shave the surrounding area. Usually, they just give you a "Betadine tan", then tear into ya.

Talk about 'more info than needed',,,ref: your package being spared.
At the risk of digress,,,,,,why the ass shave,,and not areas more closer to the surgical areas? Again. do you know people at this hospital you had the proceedure done? Dang,,,,thats gotta be itching pretty good by now.
Kind of like sitting on nettles.

Jay 535i
05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Sounds like what you had,,,,was an Endoscopic Appendectomy,,,,,youre right,,,they do put in an inert gas in your abdomen,,,,(co2 and nitrogen),,,,that inflates the belly,,and makes it easier for the scope, to see what they are looking for,and the scope has the cutters to cut out the offending part,,and also has cautery,,,,to seal up any bleeding. The third hole,,is for a suction catheter,,,,to suck out the stuff they cut away,,,irrigate with saline,,,and then suck out all that, again and again,,,,then,,,they close you up. The glue,,,is really just superglue, or cyanoacrylate,,works well, for a skin glue, for small surgical wounds.

Still cant figure out why they shaved your butt,,,,unless you have a bad case of the 'gorilla ass',,,,then it needed shavin' anyway.
They usualy dont even shave,,for proceedures much anymore,,,,,as they found the risk for post op skin infections (MRSA),,is worse than the fear for introducing possible infection during a proceedure, if they dont shave the surrounding area. Usually, they just give you a "Betadine tan", then tear into ya.

Talk about 'more info than needed',,,ref: your package being spared.
At the risk of digress,,,,,,why the ass shave,,and not areas more closer to the surgical areas? Again. do you know people at this hospital you had the proceedure done? Dang,,,,thats gotta be itching pretty good by now.
Kind of like sitting on nettles.

Please take this criticism in the contructive vein in which it is intended.

This would be a good book for you: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592400876/sr=8-1/qid=1147987236/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0770866-2063965?%5Fencoding=UTF8

trumpetr
05-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Please take this criticism in the contructive vein in which it is intended.

This would be a good book for you: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592400876/sr=8-1/qid=1147987236/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0770866-2063965?%5Fencoding=UTF8

My profound apologies for my lax of attention to my punctuation. At the time that I posted, there were multiple tasks that I were performing.
Thank you for pointing out my errors.

This is why I love this forum. There are qualifed people that offer advice on maintaining your e34, then people that are qualified in the occasional off topic thread,,,,and others that can correct the english of the rest of us.

I will pay more attention to my punctuation and grammar in the future, and thank you for the link.

ThoreauHD
05-18-2006, 05:11 PM
I have no idea why they shaved your butt unless they thought they would have to go in through your colon for some reason. Perhaps they did and just forgot to mention the anal probe with tie wraps. If you feel something tommorrow in the trunk you know why they shaved you.

Nick.Hay
05-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Hmmm...

Maybe it was on the special requests of your girl?? heheheh :D

Rustam
05-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Well prepare yourself - I once came across an article on the internet where some guy told his story of butt shaving. He felt very well, and found the experience very enjoyable.

Till he realized that the hairs have to grow, that is... And the shorter they are - the stiffer they are.

He begged people not to do it due to consequent unbearable irritation and inability to engage in basically any act that inolved moving with clothing on...

BillionPa
05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
that is quite the funny story....

shower 3 times a day, use lotion!

Gayle
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
fujioko

What does your girlfriend think of this thread? That we are all sicko? Or that she might want to re-evaluate her standards for too much information?

winfred
05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
yea that was fuggen funny

Well prepare yourself - I once came across an article on the internet where some guy told his story of butt shaving. He felt very well, and found the experience very enjoyable.

Till he realized that the hairs have to grow, that is... And the shorter they are - the stiffer they are.

He begged people not to do it due to consequent unbearable irritation and inability to engage in basically any act that inolved moving with clothing on...

fujioko
05-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Last night I revisited the subject of too much information with her. The topic came up because my butt was itching and I was…. ya know… scratching it.

Anyway I let her know that pretty much the entire world knows “too much information”.

She didn’t seem upset that I shared with the world and perhaps as Gayle mentioned the GF may have reevaluated the comment. Although she hasn’t actually seen the thread.

It’s a healthy relationship when one can push a silly comment too the extreme and no ill feeling are generated.

This thread has many comments and observations. Some folks shared serious experiences and others made light hearted commentary. Thanks all!

Of course I am a very lucky person.. my ignorance and values have changed because of the recent events and the comments of others. Bla bla bla…

Time for a nap (sigh)

fujioko
05-19-2006, 04:16 AM
"Still cant figure out why they shaved your butt,,,,unless you have a bad case of the 'gorilla ass',,,,then it needed shavin' anyway."

LMAO... dude, your killing me!

fujioko
05-19-2006, 04:41 AM
If you read the first post, I comment on feeling fine with only "gas" pains. Perhaps only a hand full of folks realized what that is.. No, its not backed up farts.

Some of the "gas" they use for inflating the abdominal area remains after the surgery is complete. Eventually the “gas” gets absorbed, however for a few days you get pain in the shoulder and chest. This pain is about a 20 on the 1-10 pain scale. I never felt that kind of pain before. The pain only presents itself when you lay down or move in a certain way. Motivation to get up and back on your feet is built right into the surgical procedure.

Oddly enough there is no “gas” pain (or very little) when your standing and walking.

Well, I have finally absorbed most of the gas and it’s only this morning I’m able to lay down.

I thought I would share that. Oh yeah my butt itches too.

Rustam
05-19-2006, 01:09 PM
If you read the first post, I comment on feeling fine with only "gas" pains. Perhaps only a hand full of folks realized what that is.. No, its not backed up farts.

Some of the "gas" they use for inflating the abdominal area remains after the surgery is complete. Eventually the “gas” gets absorbed, however for a few days you get pain in the shoulder and chest. This pain is about a 20 on the 1-10 pain scale. I never felt that kind of pain before. The pain only presents itself when you lay down or move in a certain way. Motivation to get up and back on your feet is built right into the surgical procedure.

Oddly enough there is no “gas” pain (or very little) when your standing and walking.

Well, I have finally absorbed most of the gas and it’s only this morning I’m able to lay down.

I thought I would share that. Oh yeah my butt itches too.

This is a very enlightening piece of technical information...