PDA

View Full Version : Everyone should see this ebay listing

F4Phantom
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4640802636&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Nick.Hay
05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Holy **** Uleb!! That is the fully hektikest... I swear to God!!

(This is the butt of many Aussie forum member... A Holden Commodore. Recently exported to the USA and UK as GM/Vauxhall Monaro, and related to Opel Senator, this one here is the older model. The rednecks/bogans love them, cause they are cheap, aussie, and can smoke tyres... usually only one tho!! Built with an inline 6cyl (early models), V6 or V8, usually auto, and with poor build quality. I'm sure you all have a similar car in you home countries that would be comparable to the Holden Commodore!!

ThoreauHD
05-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Didn't know they had U.S. negro pimps living in Australia. You learn something new every day.

BigKriss
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
yes, they are crap cars. there have been many threads on this before.

(This is the butt of many Aussie forum member... A Holden Commodore. Recently exported to the USA and UK as GM/Vauxhall Monaro, and related to Opel Senator, this one here is the older model. The rednecks/bogans love them, cause they are cheap, aussie, and can smoke tyres... usually only one tho!! Built with an inline 6cyl (early models), V6 or V8, usually auto, and with poor build quality. I'm sure you all have a similar car in you home countries that would be comparable to the Holden Commodore!!

SharkmanBMW
05-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Vido is his name... or did he spell that wrong also?!!

is that for real or is it a joke? do people really spell that badly or what?

BigKriss
05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I think its a joke, but there are actually some dumb f***s (in real life) that lower their intelligence and speak like that. I could talk more about it but don't want to offened anyone.

Vido is his name... or did he spell that wrong also?!!

is that for real or is it a joke? do people really spell that badly or what?

F4Phantom
05-16-2006, 09:01 PM
it has got to be a joke as he says the car is 4x4 and also that its fast but not why it's fast. What I dont get tho if it's a joke, this guy really does had a gold engine. So joke or not, he is a retard.

Rodericb
05-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Didn't know they had U.S. negro pimps living in Australia. You learn something new every day.

For instance, from your post, I learned that even though someone might drive as nice a car as an e34, that doesn't preclude them from making such assinine comments as yours as to remove all doubt that ignorant folks such as yourself drive BMW's.

No, I didn't find your comment amusing at all.

ProZak
05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
My favorite quote:

"You will pick up alot of chicks in this waggon, it has room for their shopong they will be fast because of this car too and you know what I mean specially if you have a monster like this car. It has a cupholder."

That cinches it, I'm bidding.

-Zak-

ps - check out this (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19027&item=6043507463) previous auction. Who *is* this cat?

F4Phantom
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
For instance, from your post, I learned that even though someone might drive as nice a car as an e34, that doesn't preclude them from making such assinine comments as yours as to remove all doubt that ignorant folks such as yourself drive BMW's.

have you got a problem with stereo types? they usually arise from fact, then get a little embellished. Just like all aussies speak like a slow englishman, and we also kill crocs daily, or that all yanks drive big heaps of american crap, are overweight and think the world is a landlocked america with forign courntries only exsisting on the news. Of course no one believes it yanks could be so stupid or aussies so sllllooowww, also I doubt many actualy are insulted more than amused. Dont get too offended over a joke. Are you of negro origin?

winfred
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
dat whip be da ****

Zeuk in Oz
05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Fully "sic" bro ! :D

No need to arrange a viewing - stand on any street corner in Punchbowl and I'm sure it will speed past ! ;)

Ross
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
It's written as if from one of those *******s that respond to internet for sale ads. Maybe one of 'em actually bought something,has spent all his ill gotten gains on "speed" parts and now is regretably selling his baby. I'll send an offer to buy but only if he will accept a stolen cashiers check in excess of the asking price and will refund the difference via wire.

Rustam
05-16-2006, 10:30 PM

yes - pontiac gto (exported to the US through GM)

Rodericb
05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
have you got a problem with stereo types? they usually arise from fact, then get a little embellished. Just like all aussies speak like a slow englishman, and we also kill crocs daily, or that all yanks drive big heaps of american crap, are overweight and think the world is a landlocked america with forign courntries only exsisting on the news. Of course no one believes it yanks could be so stupid or aussies so sllllooowww, also I doubt many actualy are insulted more than amused. Dont get too offended over a joke. Are you of negro origin?

Yes. I happen to be an African American and your attempt at excusing the comments was feable at best. I'm not speaking for the many that may find it amusing, I'm speaking for myself. I found it to be an offensive comment; one that I'm not used to seeing on this forum.

BillionPa
05-16-2006, 11:24 PM
is that a 3.8L V6 engine with a MAF and 3 ignition coils?

F4Phantom
05-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Yes. I happen to be an African American and your attempt at excusing the comments was feable at best. I'm not speaking for the many that may find it amusing, I'm speaking for myself. I found it to be an offensive comment; one that I'm not used to seeing on this forum.

This is not the right place to dicuss this further but I will try to tie this off just to kind of leave an ending in case this gets difficult.

me; I have never been discrimated against or been looked differently at because my origin becuase I am part of the mainstram "white" Australia. I will not try to pretend I have any idea of how this must make you feel. I have no real reaon to care for your particular feelings as I dont know you or what kind of person you are. If the comment makes you upset, I will accpt that. My story is that I dont think there is much anyone could say to make me feel bad about my genetic history. I really love being an aussie and having a european background.

Having a very difficult history as yours may perhaps change ones perception of this kind of comment or it could also come down to personality rarther than history as sometimes on the news I hear people say stuff like "i hate being an Australian and I am not proud of my history" (relating to our slaughter of the aboriginals).

You have a right to feel the way you do I suppose, but not quite having a full understanding of the situation I would conclude that if you are a good person you have a right to feel good about yourself regardless of anything anyone says about you (or history) good/bad or otherwise.

Barry
05-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Rodericb,You have to admit that from experiencing the afro american experience in music ,cinema,tv,etc....(Which is what is being exported realisticly by America,whether they want to or not..),Its not far off to expect the E-bay seller to possibly originate from the land of dubbya??? And be of black origin??
That was my first impression..
Im sure we dont see the "educated"Bill Cosby`s of america that often,but my impression of american black inteligencia is that there is none..
Listen to how they speak,spell,hell,even conduct a conversation..
Which brings me back to our E-bay fellow....This is the realistic view the rest of the world has concerning but one tiny issue related to what the usa is all about.Foreign perseption sucks..large,to coin a phrase...
Instead of getting your back up,think about it and be concerned for the future of the usa....

CharlesAFerg
05-16-2006, 11:36 PM
It most definately has a cupholder.

Rodericb
05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Rodericb,You have to admit that from experiencing the afro american experience in music ,cinema,tv,etc....(Which is what is being exported realisticly by America,whether they want to or not..),Its not far off to expect the E-bay seller to possibly originate from the land of dubbya??? And be of black origin??
That was my first impression..
Im sure we dont see the "educated"Bill Cosby`s of america that often,but my impression of american black inteligencia is that there is none..
Listen to how they speak,spell,hell,even conduct a conversation..
Which brings me back to our E-bay fellow....This is the realistic view the rest of the world has concerning but one tiny issue related to what the usa is all about.Foreign perseption sucks..large,to coin a phrase...
Instead of getting your back up,think about it and be concerned for the future of the usa....
Actually I don't have to admit that. See, I'm intelligent enough to know that not everything portrayed in the media and on TV is a true representation. Alot of what we see here in America is Arabs being portrayed as terrorist. Should I accept that as fact? All I can say is this Barry: If the rest of the world has this view of "black intelligencia" then they really don't know anything about the United States. It's a shame really. It's a sad statement on the rest of the world that you/they would accept what you/they see in music videos and the media as truth about a group of people without which the United States would not even exist as it does today. I liken it to believing that all muslims run around cutting off innocent people's heads in the name of religion. It would be pretty closed minded to do that wouldn't it. I've had my say. Maybe, just maybe from the halfway intelligent and correctly worded and phrased converstation we've just had, your views on African Americans may be changed.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled brainwashing.

F4Phantom
05-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey, are you telling us muslems arent terrorists? I would call the media but after todays conversation, they are sick of me correcting them.

Rodericb
05-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey, are you telling us muslems arent terrorists?

Not all of them.....just the ones who blowup themselves in the name of God.

Zeuk in Oz
05-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I now return you to your regularly scheduled brainwashing.

The irony of all this, sensibilities aside, is that the ad, as perhaps only an Aussie could understand, is actually mocking (or taking the pi$$ out of, if you like) another ethnicity altogether.

To wit it is actually mocking certain types of gentlemen that hail from the middle east, are probably muslim and specifically have their roots firmly based in Lebanon.

It is a joke, and should be seen as such.

If we cannot laugh at ourselves or at someone having a go at us about some outstanding characteristic that we might show, then perhaps we should crawl back under the rock from which we emerged in the first place.

None of us can change our heritage. However every time I hear someone having fun taking off the Swedish chef or making a joke about Sven the Swedish masseur or even complaining about the raping & pillaging that my ancestors the Vikings are alledged to have carried out I don't take offence. (For those who don't know, even though I live in Australia I was born in Sweden.)

History, good or bad, cannot be changed. Accept things as they are and don't be so thin skinned !

angrypancake
05-17-2006, 12:39 AM

*******?

Barry
05-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Rodericb,Perhaps my use of the words "black inteligencia"is unappropriate and insulting..My appologies..
As an outsider to the usa this is the stuff we are constantly subjected to..We dont see the "otherside" to this..therefor I,and Im sure millions of other people around this little world of ours tend to believe this is the way things are in your country..(well this and brokeback mountain..joke joke...)
You have created an opprtunity for thought here..yes,I would like to see the "real"usa and its people..
Africa and its populas are emulating everything american...especially the gangster rap language (widdja?? what the hell is widdja??) and mannerisms..its not a pretty thing here..
Perhaps you can educate me as to the real usa ??
I hope we can elaborate on the subject..this is not personal,I detected a raw nerve in your post..
greetings from Africa..

BigKriss
05-17-2006, 01:53 AM
exactly.

The irony of all this, sensibilities aside, is that the ad, as perhaps only an Aussie could understand, is actually mocking (or taking the pi$$ out of, if you like) another ethnicity altogether.

wingman
05-17-2006, 01:57 AM
is that a 3.8L V6 engine with a MAF and 3 ignition coils?
Yes it appears to be the standard 3.8ltr V6 which I think came from Pontiac originally. It also appears to be a standard exhaust system. The listing would appear to be a mock up. I wont enter the debate over the rest of the stuff but I must inquire as to why an E34 driver would be checking the Holden cars section on ebay??? Come on, come clean:D

pundit
05-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Well the truth be known that prior to the 1700's Australia was populated by only black indigenous natives until all the 'white trash' from the 'Old country' started appearing on the horizon in ships. And most of the 'white trash' had been transported from England and Ireland for being convicted of petty crimes. So in a nutshell most white Anglo-saxon Australians ancestors were nothing more than thieves, beggars, prostitutes and con artists. Er... that includes my ancestry as well. ;)

So don't let any white Australian tell you his **** don't stink!! :D

F4Phantom
05-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Yes it appears to be the standard 3.8ltr V6 which I think came from Pontiac originally. It also appears to be a standard exhaust system. The listing would appear to be a mock up. I wont enter the debate over the rest of the stuff but I must inquire as to why an E34 driver would be checking the Holden cars section on ebay??? Come on, come clean:D

Well the answer is, I got it emailed to me from a mate. Some of you may remember this mate from other ineresting threads such as "my commonwhore is better than your bmw even though its a decade newer and falling to bits" or "a vn will beat a bmw". It was also the thread with the 5.0L v8 commodore vs the 535i article which was posted by one of you guys. the commodore had rattles in the rear off the production line such was the quality.

Paul in NZ
05-17-2006, 04:22 AM
3.8 originally a Buick

genphreak
05-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I think sometimes people think this is a place where they can act without due care. I know that sounds harsh to some, but I am speaking generally- not about this particular thread when saying that.

What I mean is that we feel we can say things without discussing the context properly, or by ignoring the cultures of other members we perhaps do not know of. It saddens me enormously when I see this, especially when my perception of the exchange is that someone is deliberately airing the prejudices I most dislike. I make no judgement here- I have not read the thread closely enough as I have not the time. I just say this as single read of 'Law of the Flies' will atest. Prejudice is always wrong, and ulitmately it rots the rest of us.

Often though, it is just a matter of someone not explainging themselves properly, though the effect is genuinely so hurtful and/or offensive that reactions arise, due to that and other people's individual perspectives. I am sure the vast majority of members feel for you rodericb, what was said sucks (mistake or not) and I thought your response was 100% appropriate. Good on ya.

And to all those thinking @*$# that why can't I speak the way I damn well want to... don't start gassing about not being able to speak without appearing politically incorrect, bloody well speak and write properly. The fact in most cases is that the boof-heads among us just can't be bothered to open speak/type properly (or genuinely enjoy being bigots), even though they went to school like everyene else and can do it with ease: Neither doe sit take long to do and it cuts the selfish tone of one's thread by a few degrees and so helps to avoid stirring up responses.

All that being said, the culture and humour described in that fake ad is something unique to Australia that many members of the communities targetted would find amusing. It is making fun of their stereotypical young males, but I can assure all those non-Australians, it simply won't translate many places with any accuracy. If I ran the forum there would be rules, but we've had this discussion be4 and got nowhere... :( nick

jbourke
05-17-2006, 08:20 AM
See, I'm intelligent enough to know that not everything portrayed in the media and on TV is a true representation.

Yes RodericB the problem with Barry and a lot of others is they're not. As said before watching Fox doesn't stop them from driving a nice car and thus show their ignorance off-topic in a forum like this.

Although there are a lot of them at least they are easily indentifiable :-)

Cheers mate,

John

Macv
05-17-2006, 08:21 AM
I often think about how public forum prejudices effect the readers. I agree that many people have no clue about other's cultures and I have tremendous respect for the last post (genphreak's). I may have no place in replying to this, just wanted to support. :)

mikell
05-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Wonderful satire, and, yes, probably politically incorrect. Reminds me of the "Father Guido Sarducci" bits that Don Novello used to do on SNL - he also wrote a hilarious book entitled "The Laszlo Letters" where he wrote satiric letters under the name Laszlo Toth to all kinds of public types (politicians, big companiues, etc.) their serious replies to his absurd inquiries are really funny in context. But, if you really want political incorrectness, see the Joke Thread.
I think I'll go paint my engine cover gold.

Rodericb
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Guys, Guys......I come here not to debate racial and ethnic political correctness but to research problems with my car to help me keep it on the road. It was 12 AM my time and I read a post that I took offense to. One of the things I like the most about this forum, other than the wealth of information available, is that for the most part, people speak "off the cuff" as it relates to their experiences with their cars or people who they have dealt with. I didn't see that in the comment that was made. I come here to get information on whatever the hell problem I happen to be dealing with this week with my car. That's it. I didn't mean to highjack the thread.

Rodericb,Perhaps my use of the words "black inteligencia"is unappropriate and insulting..My appologies..
As an outsider to the usa this is the stuff we are constantly subjected to..We dont see the "otherside" to this..therefor I,and Im sure millions of other people around this little world of ours tend to believe this is the way things are in your country..(well this and brokeback mountain..joke joke...)
You have created an opprtunity for thought here..yes,I would like to see the "real"usa and its people..
Africa and its populas are emulating everything american...especially the gangster rap language (widdja?? what the hell is widdja??) and mannerisms..its not a pretty thing here..
Perhaps you can educate me as to the real usa ??
I hope we can elaborate on the subject..this is not personal,I detected a raw nerve in your post..
greetings from Africa..

Here's the real USA in a nutshell. We have our share of racists in every race. We have our share of nutjobs from all background including religious nuts, nuts who hate the government and blowup buildings, cult member nuts, right-wing nuts, left-wing nuts, Rush Limbagh (I'm a borderline Republican but it's been 7 years since Demos were in change....time call a spade a spade), tree huggin environmentalist nuts and so forth. We have poor and uneducated whites, blacks, hispanics, asians and many other ethnic backgrounds. We have criminals up the ying yang from all races. We have skinheads, gangster wannabee rappers, hip-hoppers, punk rockers, slam dancers, goth-rockers and just plain old wierd folks. However, these people represent a very small portion of the entire population of the USA. At the sametime, these are the people most often shown on TV because most often they are the people who end up in the news. Ask yourself this, would you watch the news or watch a music video or movie to see a regular family with 120K US Dollar income with a dog, 2.5 kids, 3 cars and a mortgage? How boring would that be. Believe it or not, most Americans, black, white or otherwise, lead normal mondane lives. What makes us (US) different is that we don't try to force our views on other people, at least we didn't used to. Even the crazies somewhat respect the rights of other to believe and act as they want to within the confines of the law and our constitution.

Now to answer your question, Brokeback Mountain was disgusting to straight people. I have a time watching the latest episodes of the Sopranos. As far as widdja....I have no earthly idea what the hell that is supposed to mean.

Now, can we please get back to telling me how to resolve my galloping idle and LKM problems please.

632 Regal
05-17-2006, 01:04 PM
--->:D<---

Although there are a lot of them at least they are easily indentifiable :-)

ryan roopnarine
05-17-2006, 01:18 PM
"waggon?"

shaggin waggon?

http://www.geocities.com/rankovision/images/cars-muttcutts.jpg

rockyfeller
05-17-2006, 01:46 PM
HAHAHAHAA LOLLOLOLOLOL! That was hilarious!! I had to fwd that to my buddies!

Macv
05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
HAHAHAHAA LOLLOLOLOLOL! That was hilarious!! I had to fwd that to my buddies!

LOLLOLOLOLOL=Lots of laughs lots of laughs of laughs of laughs of laughs?

sorry ... struck me as funny

Zeuk in Oz
05-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Prejudice is always wrong, and ulitmately it rots the rest of us.

Often though, it is just a matter of someone not explainging themselves properly, though the effect is genuinely so hurtful and/or offensive that reactions arise, due to that and other people's individual perspectives. I am sure the vast majority of members feel for you rodericb, what was said sucks (mistake or not) and I thought your response was 100% appropriate. Good on ya.

And to all those thinking @*$# that why can't I speak the way I damn well want to... don't start gassing about not being able to speak without appearing politically incorrect, bloody well speak and write properly. The fact in most cases is that the boof-heads among us just can't be bothered to open speak/type properly (or genuinely enjoy being bigots), even though they went to school like everyene else and can do it with ease: Neither doe sit take long to do and it cuts the selfish tone of one's thread by a few degrees and so helps to avoid stirring up responses.

All that being said, the culture and humour described in that fake ad is something unique to Australia that many members of the communities targetted would find amusing. It is making fun of their stereotypical young males, but I can assure all those non-Australians, it simply won't translate many places with any accuracy. If I ran the forum there would be rules, but we've had this discussion be4 and got nowhere... :( nick

You make a good point Nick, but we must all also realise that there is a corollary to what you have said.

That is we should not take offence at every slight as easily as happens in many cases - once again not being only specific to this thread.

We must realise that just because we might be part of a persecuted or minority group (I'm a married man with kids and a motgage so I certainly qualify to talk about being a member of a minority - :D ) that doesn't give us the right to take offence and the high moral ground just because we think we might have been slighted.

If every Irish person took a offence at every Irish joke we would now be in the middle of World War 2,693.

Society is quick to label everyone a victim.

I say get over it and get on with it.

wingman
05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
All is forgiven then lol!

wingman
05-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Ah yes you're right. Thanks for the correction.

mamilapon
05-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Well said Nick.. My hat goes off to you,Sir!

Rustam
05-18-2006, 12:22 AM

Rodericb - looking at this ebay listing, can you find yourself forming an opinion as to the race/ethnicity/gender/age/educational level of the author?