PDA

View Full Version : E34 obc into E36

warner
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum and i'm stumped on a little matter. I'm retro fitting a basic E34 OBC time/date/temp into my E36 which has only an analogue clock, i've got it powered up as you can see in the picture.

my problem is i cant work out how to input the time and date, I've tried holding down buttons, combinations of buttons all to no avail. i'm hoping some of you ladies and gents can help me out here.

shogun
05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Go to my website below and look for the link to Techboy's website. There is a training manual for BMW technicians for the OBC III and IV, yours is probably the BC II.
But maybe that helps.

Kalevera
05-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow. Well, I've never seen an E36 with the E34/E32 style OBC -- every E36 I've seen that I can remember at the moment, including a pre-production motorsport car that "doesn't exist", has used the MID style display, first incorporated on the E31 (although the E31 unit also functions as a check control display) which fits into the opening directly below where the clock is currently mounted. For what country or market was your car produced?

best, whit

warner
05-17-2006, 03:26 AM
I am in the UK mate, my BM is a 1995 320i which came with the analogue clock only and no extra wiring for a full 11/18 button obc, but it could be upgraded to a basic obc without much modding, I like the look of the E34 obc better than the E36 one i also have a E30 obc which i will try to fit if this one doesnt work out but it doesnt fit into the gap aswell and more cutting would be needed.

Rob
05-17-2006, 05:05 AM
You need to hold the hour button down until you see the little dot flashing. When it is flashing then you can press the h/Dat to changed it to the correct time or date. :)

warner
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
You need to hold the hour button down until you see the little dot flashing. When it is flashing then you can press the h/Dat to changed it to the correct time or date. :)

thanks for that Rob, but the little dot is already flashing without me pressing any buttons at all.