PDA

View Full Version : Ignition fuse blows after each start up.

mossyoaks
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
We've developed some electrical gremlins in our 95 525iT 160K. The no. 1 fuse will blow after the car is shut off. Replace the 15 amp fuse, car cranks, then after shutting off, won't start because fuse is blown. Now the gauges and wiper is off after the car starts. That is the newest symptom.

Could my OBC be in need of replacement?

Thanks,
Chip in SC

mossyoaks
05-16-2006, 03:19 PM
On my way home from work, after replacing the 15 amp #1 fuse, starting the engine, gauges working fine UNTIL I step on the brake pedal. Then the gauge cluster loses power and fuse blows.

Sounds like a short. Could my rear deck wiring harness be the culprit?

We've developed some electrical gremlins in our 95 525iT 160K. The no. 1 fuse will blow after the car is shut off. Replace the 15 amp fuse, car cranks, then after shutting off, won't start because fuse is blown. Now the gauges and wiper is off after the car starts. That is the newest symptom.

Could my OBC be in need of replacement?

Thanks,
Chip in SC

joshua43214
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM
If hitting the brakes rusults in a blown fuse, the hinge harness would be the first place I would look.

632 Regal
05-17-2006, 12:38 AM
yes, lots of problems manifest them from the trunk harness wiring, you may be surprized at the amount of shreaded wires.

If hitting the brakes rusults in a blown fuse, the hinge harness would be the first place I would look.