PDA

View Full Version : 3 bleeps of mystery

rob101
05-14-2006, 04:17 PM
i've heard the same beep before when setting presets in the radio. but after i put the exhaust back on about once in every trip she beeps three times in a row(not the car horn must be coming from the stereo or something), for no apparent reason and seemingly at random times. can someone shed some light on it

kevind89e34
05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
watch the time and see if it happens 1 minute before every hour
???

Lee in Ottawa
05-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I've had my car for about 5 years and about 2 weeks ago it just started beeping a minute before every hour

rob101
05-14-2006, 04:35 PM
watch the time and see if it happens 1 minute before every hour
???
yeah i thought it did, but then i thought nah can't be. there is a MEM illuminated on my clock as well. is that all it is!
wtf is with that?
spooky mate, spooky.

Zeuk in Oz
05-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Rob, you can turn it on or off - have a fiddle or if everything else fails, read the owner's manual.

rob101
05-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Rob, you can turn it on or off - have a fiddle or if everything else fails, read the owner's manual.
actually random question: is it easy to get to the connections for the LCD clock backlight, mine has worked when it was very wet for a couple of weeks. but otherwise she isn't illuminated (just looks the same as when the car is switched off) i suspect just a loose connection.

shogun
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Just replace the bulbs in the board computer. There are in total 3 for the display and ilumination of the push buttons.
How to do is on my website below under e32fixes.com
Clean the contacts of the bulb sockets.

mitch2k
05-14-2006, 11:57 PM
yeah i thought it did, but then i thought nah can't be. there is a MEM illuminated on my clock as well. is that all it is!
wtf is with that?
spooky mate, spooky.

Just push the MEM button? Then your beeping will stop I guess...

rob101
05-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Just replace the bulbs in the board computer. There are in total 3 for the display and ilumination of the push buttons.
How to do is on my website below under e32fixes.com
Clean the contacts of the bulb sockets.
domo arigato mr. rubato:D

Paul in NZ
05-15-2006, 04:11 AM
just pushing the S/R button without any other function selected cycles the hourly gong...a symbol similar to o)))) shows in the top rh cornr of the obc screen which if your bulbs are out you may see by shining a torch.

rob101
05-15-2006, 05:19 AM
just pushing the S/R button without any other function selected cycles the hourly gong...a symbol similar to o)))) shows in the top rh cornr of the obc screen which if your bulbs are out you may see by shining a torch.
yeah i pressed and held memory, i think that may have done it i will find out tomorrow i didn't notice it on the way home today so i think its "fixed" not that there was anything wrong!

Nick.Hay
05-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Being that the E34 was marketted as the weapon of choice for German executive-types...

The 3 beeps is to alert you to the changing hour, so you can turn off your Vivaldi, Kraftwerk, or KMFDM, and switch the radio in time for the news!! :D :D