PDA

View Full Version : Sun roof wont open 520i touring

justineryan
05-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Guys,
The sunroof (duble in touring 520i 1995) wont open, checked the fuse - ok. Any idea? kept going for 3 years and now stopped and the sun is out? help appreciated.

DaveVoorhis
05-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Guys,
The sunroof (duble in touring 520i 1995) wont open, checked the fuse - ok. Any idea? kept going for 3 years and now stopped and the sun is out? help appreciated.

With the engine not running, do the interior lights dim slightly when you operate the switch? If so, the problem is likely mechanical, possibly including the motor. If the lights don't dim at all, check to see if the motor is getting voltage. If it is, the motor is shot. If it isn't, the problem is with the switch or the circuit.

Elekta
05-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I think you can reset the switch by pushing in the center part of the button and holding it for about 15 seconds.

I thought I was caput for a month or so, and then tried the reset one morning and just like that I was back in.

best,

geoff

justineryan
05-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Thanks a lot for that! The resetting of the button did the trick! I can only imagine delighted main dealers changing the motor, fuse and relay.. and charging me a small fortune for fixing it - so so simple. Again - MANY MANY THANKS! works fine now!