PDA

View Full Version : Bruno got his Racing Licence on Friday

MarkD
05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
That's right, Bruno (Racing King) got his licence on Friday and was in his first race today.

Here are some pictures I took at the track today:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550343753Elunyd

As I have been tuning an EVO-2 M3 with an alpha-N conversion (no AFM) I was busy supporting that car and making some adjustments but had some time to take a few pictures while it was on the track. I don't have any pictures of Bruno.

MarkD

Qube
05-14-2006, 01:13 AM
You mean he's had the car for so long but hasn't really raced? Wow! I'll have to hit him up to chat ;) Sounds like fun!

MarkD
05-14-2006, 01:18 AM
You mean he's had the car for so long but hasn't really raced? Wow! I'll have to hit him up to chat ;) Sounds like fun!

That's correct, he was just building it and tuning it up.

I'll try to get some pics of him on Sunday. Right now I'm adjusting the timing in the EVO-2 M3 because the alpha-N piggyback ECU is causing the timing to be reduced.... (that's why I hate these kludgy piggyback/ signal interceptor devices). Then I'll go to bed for a few hours and back to Mosport.

genphreak
05-14-2006, 09:22 AM
That's correct, he was just building it and tuning it up.

I'll try to get some pics of him on Sunday. Right now I'm adjusting the timing in the EVO-2 M3 because the alpha-N piggyback ECU is causing the timing to be reduced.... (that's why I hate these kludgy piggyback/ signal interceptor devices). Then I'll go to bed for a few hours and back to Mosport.Such sweet little things they are those 3s.

Is that brake fluid or injector cleaner he's adding to the overflow tank?

MarkD
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Such sweet little things they are those 3s.

That's an EVO-2 M3, one of 500 built. 220hp from the factory, no cat, runs on premium leaded. I was tuning it as it's been converted to alpha-N. I used the Innovate LM-1 and LMA-3 to collect data while driving on the track, and then modify the EPROM chip and alpha-N ECU.

Is that brake fluid or injector cleaner he's adding to the overflow tank?

Neither. It's Water Wetter (http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redline3.htm)

MarkD

califblue
05-14-2006, 09:31 PM
A Man and His Passion...the World Is a Pretty Damn Fine Place

632 Regal
05-14-2006, 09:42 PM
which car is brunos?

Jay 535i
05-15-2006, 12:03 AM
That XJ-S is awesome.

MarkD
05-15-2006, 07:16 AM
which car is brunos?

I just added the pictures from Sunday a few minutes ago, they start at picture #71 and that one is of Bruno and the car. There are quite a few of him in the pictures from 71 to 116

Click here for a picture:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550343753/2121693720058792060OlRuiY

Mark

MarkD
05-15-2006, 07:17 AM
That XJ-S is awesome.

It was very quick. I didn't get a chance to see what motor was in it but I have a feeling it may have been a Chevy v8, not a Jag motor.

genphreak
05-15-2006, 08:16 AM
That's an EVO-2 M3, one of 500 built. 220hp from the factory, no cat, runs on premium leaded. I was tuning it as it's been converted to alpha-N. I used the Innovate LM-1 and LMA-3 to collect data while driving on the track, and then modify the EPROM chip and alpha-N ECU. Neither. It's Water Wetter (http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redline3.htm) MarkDAh. Hehe, thanks Mark.
So long as he doesn't stick bananas in there, hey Jeff?
As I said, those baby M cars are sooo sexy!
Yea racing Jags are awesome machines (even with Jag motors in them) :D that's about the only time though... why didn't they source motors from other people ages ago- was it Internal Pride or did the marketing dept agree like some lily-livered lot and agree that it would be hard to sell a Jag with a weird motor in it. (until FoMoCo bought their asses and did exactly that) . And they are not the only ones, after all, this is what Alfa adn Mitsubishi are doing (with that new 3.8 GM V6) and so on.

It is as if they can just change the badge on the rocker cover and away they go (these days)... are new car buyers simply not discerning enough?

Booster
05-15-2006, 10:40 AM
After all.... it was a Jag that DID run,lol.......so most likely not the 12 in her.
Shame that the Caterham was in tow.lol.
I'm curious....how did the Datsun Z cats do that day Mark ?
.............V'