PDA

View Full Version : Brakes installed! Finally!

ProZak
05-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the help, y'all. Breaker bar did the trick. So, now, the shimmy is vastly reduced but still there under braking from about 60-65 -ish. Haven't had a chance to Interstate it, will try tomorrow and see what happens.

Is it worth the trouble with Mintex pads and cheapie disks to set the pads aggressively? I'm not a very aggressive driver, so don't know if it'll be worth the effort.

Headlights next, more to follow.

-Zak-

SchnellE34
05-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Congrats man! Isn't it so gratifying to DIY?

E34 530
05-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the help, y'all. Breaker bar did the trick. So, now, the shimmy is vastly reduced but still there under braking from about 60-65 -ish. Haven't had a chance to Interstate it, will try tomorrow and see what happens.

Is it worth the trouble with Mintex pads and cheapie disks to set the pads aggressively? I'm not a very aggressive driver, so don't know if it'll be worth the effort.

Headlights next, more to follow.

-Zak-
Did you have a problem with the rear pads going in??

ProZak
05-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Hell yes, it is. I'd much rather spend $200.00 on parts and some knuckle skin. So that's new stereo, spark plugs, now brakes and headlights... wonder what else I can do without screwing it up so bad I have to take it to the shop? :)

ProZak
05-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Not at all. I'll be posting a "lessons learned" thread shortly.