PDA

View Full Version : "Still not a fan of the new board"...Is now

Bill H.
03-26-2004, 11:06 AM
just the way it is or is there hope for the old style?

632 Regal
03-26-2004, 11:51 AM
There is a lot of things that are a pain but it kinda grows on you like alimony or attorney bills.

Dick Schneiders
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
this format, but I have now found much to like and probably even more that I don't know what it is or how to use, yet. The stuff I didn't like about it seem to now just be a minor annoyance.

It still does seem to take more time to look around and post, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

There is a lot of things that are a pain but it kinda grows on you like alimony or attorney bills.

Gooch
03-26-2004, 03:03 PM
I'd rather it sorted on new posts like the old forum.

Hallmark
03-26-2004, 04:36 PM
it was set up like the old forum. I was surprized at how much I preferred the old format.

I, for one, would go back in a heartbeat.

Javier
03-26-2004, 04:57 PM
too much screen space for too little information, and too much time for too little action. My complain would be you keep going forward and backwards looking for info and posting replies. Old forum got every thing handy or at a glance, and loading times were definitely shorter. No special features though, hard to post pictures or attachments.

mjhanna
03-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Like Hallmark, I would go back in a heartbeat! I'm still counting on the changes Ed promised, and being patient. Mark

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Yeah yeah, I'm still focusing on trying to make a buck. I have not forgotten.

Actually, we've been running the Pre-Release versions of vB. Ilya mentioned to me that the production release is out, and he'll be upgrading us to it shortly. So really, after the coming upgrade is the time for me to take a look at making the mods. I'll do just that, then! Thanks for your patience.

Like Hallmark, I would go back in a heartbeat! I'm still counting on the changes Ed promised, and being patient. Mark

ilya
03-27-2004, 09:49 AM
ill have the upgrade in placei n the next few days.
it should speed things up, as well as get rid of some bugs that are still floating around.

632 Regal
03-27-2004, 12:18 PM
how will this affect the board in reality? Is it a new release or a beta version?

Jason Blitz
03-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Funny the E30 board is still like the old, if it ain't broke, don't fix it forum . ..
And of course, I like it MUCH MUCH better than this forum but I guess that's this is the way it will be . . . My visits have gone down to once a week and It will soon be less as I don't have time to pour through the inefficient board anymore, hoping that it will be different . . . .

Ed, I appreciate the work you've done, but I also no longer care enough anymore to keep checking back to see if anything changed, sorry . . . .

No more E34 board for me here . . . . Like the new 5-series, out of touch, inefficient & seriously who needs NAV, iDrive, 17-fans in their seats anyway? No longer the function-first, frills later style that I've really come to embrace after seeing the "other side" . . . :(

-Jason Blitz