PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal problem

bimmerlee
05-13-2006, 01:50 PM
I have a 95 540i with a problem in my turn signal. Whenever I want to turn left and turn my signal on, my bright lights come on. This doesn't happen when I turn right, just when I turn left. I'm assuming it's my turn signal switch and needs to be replaced. How difficult is it to replace? I wouls appreciate any help and advise on this.

Jay 535i
05-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I have the same problem, but fortunately my car has daytime running lights so it's never necessary for me to manually put the light switch on, and thus I avoid the problem.

'Course, this also means I can't use my foglights, but they're pointless anyway. C'mon, admit it, they are.

shogun
05-13-2006, 06:14 PM
The part is relatively easy to change. It is clipped onto the steering column, and the wire loom has a plug.
http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/10/56/d7_1_b.JPG

Rustam
05-15-2006, 04:09 AM
I have the same problem, but fortunately my car has daytime running lights so it's never necessary for me to manually put the light switch on, and thus I avoid the problem.

'Course, this also means I can't use my foglights, but they're pointless anyway. C'mon, admit it, they are.

fog lights are pointless - mine are being taken off.

Rob
05-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Rustam, can I take them off you then? I need a set? lol