PDA

View Full Version : Just installed a newer General module

zmuff
05-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I just installed a newer General Module from a 1995 525i into my 04/1989 build 535i. It took care of my irritating lock/unlock twice routine, made the rest of the windows one-touch down (only), and a few of those other cool things the newer GM does. Shogun has posted several times in the past about the newer GM's so I have been on a search for the newest one I could find. Thanks Shogun...no denying you are a GURU!

Oh, the newer GM P/N I used was 61.35-8 355 818, the one that came out was 61.35-1 379 740.

Qube
05-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Few other things? Like what? I don't mind 'upgrading'. I forget if upgrading the LKM gets the light dimmer too... I'll have to search again.

shogun
05-13-2006, 03:21 PM
That is what I found for the E32 new GM:

-headlight washing pump at fifth windshield washing after time interlock
-intensiv washing pump operating at reduced time from 3 to 2 seconds
-minimum interval for wipers reduced to 2 from 3 seconds (programmmable)
-increased wiper contact pressure during windshield washing now also provided

-previously the GM would react opposing signals (e.g. an unlock signal while trying to lock, as with a defective microswitch) by carrying out the first command (e.g. locking, followed immediately by unlocking). Repeating the first command then results in carrying out the command, e.g. try to lock again, and locking is now carried out. This function (Asynchronious Position)is omitted in the NEW GM.
-After unlocking is performed due to crash sensor activiation, the locking command is now reactivated by double-locking with the key from either side (driver or passenger door).
-The one-touch operation of windows has been expanded to all 4 windows in OPENING direction. Drivers side has one touch in both directions
Sunroof is not already in the tilt position.
-switch off delay of the interior lights after entering the vehicle and closing the driver's door reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.

shogun
05-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Resistor Continious Dim Light, U.K. version
# 6
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GB81&mospid=47352&btnr=61_0562&hg=61&fg=25&hl=52

But I do not know if a modified LKM in U.K. version is also necessary.

Paul in NZ
05-13-2006, 05:09 PM
what was your lock/unlock behaviour z muff?

shogun
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
He said it:

It took care of my irritating lock/unlock twice routine

Paul in NZ
05-13-2006, 05:23 PM
yes i wondered if it was an intermittent problem,and guess if it was indeed lock unlock etc or unlock lock etc

shogun
05-13-2006, 05:26 PM
that is one of the big advantages of the new GM:

previously the GM would react opposing signals (e.g. an unlock signal while trying to lock, as with a defective microswitch) by carrying out the first command (e.g. locking, followed immediately by unlocking). Repeating the first command then results in carrying out the command, e.g. try to lock again, and locking is now carried out. This function (Asynchronious Position)is omitted in the NEW GM.

zmuff
05-13-2006, 08:41 PM
yes i wondered if it was an intermittent problem,and guess if it was indeed lock unlock etc or unlock lock etc

My locks have had no problems on the lock cycle, but the unlock cycle would always take two tries to stay unlocked. I have heard plenty of stories for both scenarios. I've go it narrowed down to the drivers door (not sure if it's the actuator, microswitch, or something else). I'm recovering my interior door panels one at a time, so when I get to that door, I'll fix whatever I find wrong.

Alexlind123
05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Would resoldering this fix a problem where the washers wont stop spraying until the car is shut off?

Bill R.
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
can use and which ones you can't use? The central locking component changed after 90 and the module for each is different. They have an updated module for the early cars and an updated module for the later cars.

I just installed a newer General Module from a 1995 525i into my 04/1989 build 535i. It took care of my irritating lock/unlock twice routine, made the rest of the windows one-touch down (only), and a few of those other cool things the newer GM does. Shogun has posted several times in the past about the newer GM's so I have been on a search for the newest one I could find. Thanks Shogun...no denying you are a GURU!

Oh, the newer GM P/N I used was 61.35-8 355 818, the one that came out was 61.35-1 379 740.

shogun
05-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Bill, if you have such info in detail, that would be fine. I am often asked if someone can use any GM in any built year, but I do not have such info.

Now I have a GM from an E32 750iL made in 03/1994, the last month of E32 production. Not yet used, still in the car I bought last year.
And I got another one together with the RM from a 1993 E32 740iL.