PDA

View Full Version : My poor e34...

TheEndIsNear
05-13-2006, 12:18 AM
My poor baby... I was cruzing down the freeway at about 70-75MPH when a semi-truck passed me(going way to fast)... As he passed me one of his super single tires blew out, throwing the cap of the tire under the front of my baby which in turn spun me around and almost into the barrier... Luckly she still drives. But now my front end is ****ed. Shes shakeing a little and feels really loose... I'm parking her till I het her off the ground. Sooooo sad...

Alexlind123
05-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Did he stop to help, and did you get his license plate number?

Before long, the only e34s left will be smashed ones...

TheEndIsNear
05-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah cops were out and everything... My spinning around kinda caused a bit of a pile up... It was the beginning of Seattle rush hour traffic...

SC David
05-13-2006, 02:28 AM
One M20 after the next :(

trumpetr
05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
My poor baby... I was cruzing down the freeway at about 70-75MPH when a semi-truck passed me(going way to fast)... As he passed me one of his super single tires blew out, throwing the cap of the tire under the front of my baby which in turn spun me around and almost into the barrier... Luckly she still drives. But now my front end is ****ed. Shes shakeing a little and feels really loose... I'm parking her till I het her off the ground. Sooooo sad...

Geez,,,what is it with the Seattle area of I-5, and all the crap flying off of trucks, and smacking people?? Sorry your car got buggered up, that sucks huge,,but, all in all, good thing the cap didnt try to come flying thru the windshield and lay a big gash in your neck, or worse,,,like has happened to others recently, on I-5.

Hoping for a relatively easy (and cheap) fix,,,,keep us posted.

Art.

Jay 535i
05-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Those trucks are bloody dangerous. I never let one get near me.

31Hertz
05-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Luckly she still drives.

Luckily you still drive... glad you're okay.

AllGo'n'Show
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Those trucks are bloody dangerous. I never let one get near me.

I bare to disagree. I work on these things all day long. If the owner maintains his vehicle, checks it out regularly, maintains proper pressures, studs, etc..., it limits it VERY much as to what will happen with a blow out. Sure you will get a bad tire thats going to blow out, or something that punctures the sidewall etc.., but if the rest of the truck has been maintained and the driver knows what he is doing, he should come to a stop quickly and the tire should be all on the rim, minus some rocks from the road it may have kicked up.

Glad to hear your ok.

Jon K
05-14-2006, 03:05 PM
One time I was driving the PA turnpike there was a piece of tread, very large, in the center lane. I moved over to the right lane. An 18-wheeler sees it it was SO far ahead, and he hits hit dead on throwing it up. My luck, the tread got caught on the supports of the trailer that hang down and he ended up dragging the tire with him. That was my lucky day.

wingman
05-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Good to see that end isn't near for you. Might be the opportunity you've been waiting for to attach a Lambo front to your E34 to go with the doors:D

rob101
05-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I bare to disagree. I work on these things all day long. If the owner maintains his vehicle, checks it out regularly, maintains proper pressures, studs, etc..., it limits it VERY much as to what will happen with a blow out. Sure you will get a bad tire thats going to blow out, or something that punctures the sidewall etc.., but if the rest of the truck has been maintained and the driver knows what he is doing, he should come to a stop quickly and the tire should be all on the rim, minus some rocks from the road it may have kicked up.

Glad to hear your ok.
I also don't think they are a danger, trucks are very heavily regulated and the people driving big trucks are professionals if they loose their licence they loose their livelyhood. i don't know why people don't understand that driving a truck isn't easy, i should post up the pictures i have of a truck crane's interior, that should shut up some of the people whinging about I-Drive.

632 Regal
05-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Road Gaters...

One time I was driving the PA turnpike there was a piece of tread, very large, in the center lane. I moved over to the right lane. An 18-wheeler sees it it was SO far ahead, and he hits hit dead on throwing it up. My luck, the tread got caught on the supports of the trailer that hang down and he ended up dragging the tire with him. That was my lucky day.