PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Cooler Line Help

clhorton
05-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I am having trouble connecting the tranny cooler line on my 4HP22 back to the bottom of the tranny. Is there some trick to this or am I just missing the point? I know it seems simple enough take a wrench and turn but I cant get it to line up and catch to screw on. Thanks in advance guys!

clhorton
05-13-2006, 02:11 AM
bump

Rigmaster
05-13-2006, 08:58 AM
They have to line up perfectly for the threads to start. If you've been struggling with it for a while- it's possible that you've fouled the first thread just enough to make it REALLY difficult to get started. It can be done, but you just have to make 100% sure the fitting is lined up with the hole. Might help to pull on the line a little to give it some extra play.

You should be able to start the fitting in by hand, and turn it at least a couple of turns that way, before applying a wrench.

Bret

joshua43214
05-13-2006, 09:10 AM
I feel your pain, nothing more frustratred than not being able to bolt up something staring you in the face. You have banjo bolts at the tranny? Every thing will have to well lined up before the bolt will turn in, dont use a wrench until you know for sure the threads are properly engaged.

Loosen the line mounts at the body to give you some more flex if needed, or pop the guides off the pipes that keep them separated. grab the steel part of the pipe with a pair of pliers to give you some twisting leverage. Once you have a bit more flex to the lines, you should be able to finagle the bolts in.