PDA

View Full Version : junkyard?

bbig119
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Are there any good junkyards in the northeast region for BMW parts? I'm located in the Philadelphia area.

I can't seem to get anything useful out of google.

Thanks

Bryan

winfred
05-11-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.mbpartsonline.com/ these guys are huge, they have a yard in maryland

SchnellE34
05-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I was looking for some on the west side of PA. You might want to email Jon K, he lives on that side and knows of a few. I have a couple of people checking it out for me here. Do a search for 'savage yards' not junk yards. Also check your local phone book and call to see if they have any 5 series e34 or e39.

bbig119
05-12-2006, 05:14 PM
winfred, thanks for the link-- I checked out their website, and it looks like its mostly online searching and ordering. That's great, but I've heard of some "you pull it yourself" yards. These guys don't look like the type where you go to them, you just interact over the phone.

I'm casually looking for some rear door panels, and I thought if I had some local yards near me I could scour them and see what I can find, maybe surprise myself. I'll take a look in the phone book and see if any of the salvage/junk yards listed have e34/39's to pull from.

Thanks guys

Kalevera
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I was looking for some on the west side of PA. You might want to email Jon K, he lives on that side and knows of a few. I have a couple of people checking it out for me here. Do a search for 'savage yards' not junk yards. Also check your local phone book and call to see if they have any 5 series e34 or e39.
Ian Sherman, NEObmwbreakers in Warren (practically PA, and he goes through PA to pick up cars and deliver parts all the time):

http://www.neobmwbreakers.com

I know a number of people on the forum have done business with Ian in the past.

best, whit

begeta50
05-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I would not buy parts form a junkyard anymore. I bought some parts last September and three months later I had to replace them again.
This time I bought them new from BMA auto parts, and I only pay $50.00 more than the junkyard.