PDA

View Full Version : Heater core fix problesm

slip
05-11-2006, 10:13 PM
hey all,

a couple of days ago i decided to fix my heater core. I'd bypassed it about 2 months ago and it's starting to get cold now as winter approaches.
So i took the ruddy thing out (did it without removing the dash) and put in the new one. Then i drained the coolant so i could repair the bypass.

And heres the problem, after refillling with coolant, and bleeding, i'm not getting any heat at all. The engine was at normal temp, but nothing

Anybody go any ideas?

Thanks!

632 Regal
05-11-2006, 10:14 PM
bleed it with the heat on full fan and full heat. you have an air pocket in the heater core.

Dash01
05-12-2006, 01:05 AM
hey all,

a couple of days ago i decided to fix my heater core. I'd bypassed it about 2 months ago and it's starting to get cold now as winter approaches.
So i took the ruddy thing out (did it without removing the dash) and put in the new one. Then i drained the coolant so i could repair the bypass.

And heres the problem, after refillling with coolant, and bleeding, i'm not getting any heat at all. The engine was at normal temp, but nothing

Anybody go any ideas?

Thanks!

How did you get the core out without removing the dash? Did that save time and effort compared to the dash-removal method?

slip
05-12-2006, 07:12 AM
How did you get the core out without removing the dash? Did that save time and effort compared to the dash-removal method?

i just didn't need to. pulled out the centre console and there it was, ready to come out. It wasn't easy though. Maybe the fact that my care is right hand drinve helped... i assume it saved a bit of time, yeah