PDA

View Full Version : OT: Does everyone stare the way I do?

31Hertz
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I only stare this way at you- oo00oo -Ahem, anyway, I spend quite a bit of time outside at my house because I am a smoker. I will not smoke in my house YUK! But I have a carport with a porch at the back. Since this is a covered area, it is usually where I hang out to get my fix. Here's the thing: I catch myself staring at my car quite a bit. It's not like the commercial where the guy is looking at his red Dodge pickup in the driveway slobbering and pouring beer all over some dude's french fries, but more like a visual exam: I look at it from different angles. Oooo, this angle is really nice... I try to find something I don't like about it or; is that a scratch? or; is it sitting perfectly level? or; how is the stance? etc... I will also try NOT to look at it, but I fail miserably every time. I know my neighbors must think I'm crazy, but then; none of them drive a BMW that I have seen. I ask myself, "Would they understand?" Hmmm. I work in a warehouse, and during the summer the garage doors are open. Sooo... every so often I will sneak a peek. Then the peek turns into that exam stare again. I used to have a similar problem with my E28 and my '71 Super Beetle. But it is waay more pronounced with the Green Meanie. Is this just me? Or is anyone else afflicted by this disorder? Your diagnosis please?

ElSupremo
05-11-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.tehdriven.com/forum/images/smilies/bigshift.gif

angrypancake
05-11-2006, 05:14 PM
i alllllways stare.... and at other e34's too! there is a cool detailer up the street from me. the other day there was a black/black e34 m5 sitting out there, freshly detailed to within an inch of its life, staggered t-stars, lowered, tinted. i stopped in the middle of the road to stare at it. the people beind me were not pleased, but f them they just don't know what theyre missing

TheEndIsNear
05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I have the same sickness. My friends think I've gone off the deep end...

TheEndIsNear
05-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Hey is that your e34 with the lambos.... I'm thinking about doing that on mine... Maybe I should start a new thread on this... Hmmmm...

SchnellE34
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Hertz my neighbor recently told me ‘if you are working on the car so much, why don’t you just buy another one’ I told him I like the car and I like working on the car, so why would I do that? But, it’s not the neighbors but my girlfriend who thinks I'm nuts. She constantly tells me that I give the car more compliments than see gets. She seriously gets pissed every time we are out and I see (and critique) another e34. While we were on vacation in DC last weekend we would walk up to the car and I would always say something about how good the car looks. I noticed one of the wheels wasn't shined after I had put wheel shiner on it. I said 'good thing I have the bottle in the trunk.' She just walked away from me and didn’t speak to me for at least half an hour.

I have the exact same sickness, going outside to smoke and staring at the car from the deck. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is make sure the car is still safely parked in the driveway. I can't just give her a glance. IMO, she deserves more. Also, I almost had a car accident because I am staring at another e34.

I don’t think there is a cure for this disease.

Jay 535i
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
What, exactly, are you smoking out there?

Honestly, we all stare, I think. We're smitten. That's why we're here, and why any of us are very lucky to find a woman. :)

TheEndIsNear
05-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey my wife left me and our son, so we started buying BMW's instead... LOL, good trade if you ask me (she's a bitch)...

31Hertz
05-11-2006, 06:48 PM
I am lucky enough to have a wife who is not jealous of my car obsession. Married 5 years; gone through 5 cars in that time: yep, lucky... Sorry, I had to type that because she was standing over my shoulder reading what I was typing. OK, she's gone. No really, she is just about the coolest chick I have ever met. She tolerates my love of music, cars (Bimmers 'specially), and the almost equally expensive musical instrument gear obsession. I smoke American Spirits. :p

TheEndIsNear
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
My wife wasn't jellious, she just really likes men... ...Really, really likes men...

SchnellE34
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I don't know what my broad has stuck up her ass but she better get used to it and the fact that I love the car. I also told her I would give her more compliments, and keep the ones about the bimmers to myself.

TheEndIsNear
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Lol

joshua43214
05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
My neighbor up the street's trophy wife looks like a blonde Jennifer Garner, I tend to stare alot too...

mzarifkar
05-11-2006, 10:56 PM
you know when you're having a long day at work/school/shopping center, you're tired, walking into the parking lot, then you see your car.... need i say more.

im glad im not the only one obsessed

angrypancake
05-11-2006, 11:03 PM
What, exactly, are you smoking out there?

bubble gum chronic, black domino, or blueberry haze.

ThoreauHD
05-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Who did all that work on the car pancake?

GoldenEagleFan
05-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one obsessed. I smoke in the garage and also look the car over from different angles. My wife comes out (she's a smoker too) and catches me... How's your lover tonight she asks...I answer, I think she needs a good buffing...I know it's sad but I feel so lucky she understands I meant the car and not her.

Alexlind123
05-11-2006, 11:10 PM
They are pretty.

SchnellE34
05-11-2006, 11:30 PM
bubble gum chronic, black domino, or blueberry haze.

No, White Widow only...

angrypancake
05-11-2006, 11:37 PM
There were some kids at school that had somethin crazy about 2 months ago. $300 an 1/8th..... errrr back on topic, staring at my car has become way too time consuming, so what did I do? crash it, sent it to the body shop and make it even more fun to look at!

KenB
05-12-2006, 12:40 AM
No, White Widow only...

mmmm...had some in Amsterdam last time I was there. Stuporfying:p

chris_e34
05-12-2006, 02:00 AM
its ridiculous how much i have in common with you all, green, e34s, staring. i honestly thought i was the only person int he world that went outside to smoke and examine my car from every angle possible. usually i end up smoking 2 or 3....does anyone else just sit in their car for the hell of it?:D

off topic, gotta get this out there, i need to get rid of it M30b35 for sale pm me or...http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=21777 :)

Nick.Hay
05-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Huh....

Real men smoke Class A's!!!

Crystal Meth/ICE anyone??

*Very VERY tongue in cheek mods...* :D :D

Nick.Hay
05-12-2006, 04:32 AM
I'm gonna step up Bruv...

It looks like arse!!!! Hurry up and smash this one too, so you can try again!!

;)

Nick.Hay
05-12-2006, 04:34 AM
There is no help for you 31Hz!!

I get the same debilitating sickness when my car is in view!!

I used to drive past certain shops in town that give good reflections of my car in the windows!!! Thats how sick a pervert I am!!! HAHAHAHA

Russell
05-12-2006, 05:26 AM
I stare as well. My co-workers have commented (I think in a negative way) that I need to get a real life. My wife even states that my car has more "cosmetics" than she does. WRONG! Even so I do need to get a life beyond cars! :)

ILoveMPower
05-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Hey! It's not our fault that the E34 has just about the sexiest lines known to mankind!

I think the green contributes as well ;)

31Hertz
05-12-2006, 07:51 AM
"I used to drive past certain shops in town that give good reflections of my car in the windows!!! Thats how sick a pervert I am!!! HAHAHAHA"

Jeez Nick, I had forgotten about catching myself doing the same thing!!! heh heh

There is a certain county here in Tennessee whose number one cash crop is NOT Tobacco. But I wouldn't know about that.

TheEndIsNear
05-12-2006, 08:23 AM
I go out to mine at lunch break and take pictures... I really like the gold...