PDA

View Full Version : OT: Great clearance deal on Redline 5w20 at advance autoparts..

ryan roopnarine
05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
if the store by (you) hasn't already cleared out their Redline previously (about a year or so). I saw quartbottles of the 5w20 synthetic for $2.50 each. that's a great deal if you use the stuff (new ford, honda, some toyota) without a rebate or other funny stuff. im busting my brain trying to think if there's anything in my fleet that would use the stuff.

ThoreauHD
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm trying to figure out what weight of Redline is comparable to mobil 1 0w-40.

athflying79
05-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Redline comparable to Amsoil?? My Honda uses 5W20 exclusively, so might have to swing in and get some.

ryan roopnarine
05-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Redline comparable to Amsoil?? My Honda uses 5W20 exclusively, so might have to swing in and get some.

absolutely, redline, like amsoil is one of those primo expensive, semi-boutique oils. this item is full syn, I don't think that redline even makes a dino motor oil, but i might be wrong.

just so I don't make anyone drive out of their way for no reason, please CALL the AAP you intend to go to to ask if they have this item (or ask them if they have redline oil in general, and if it is on clearance). like i said, some AAPs cleared redline oils out of their stocks last year, so i wouldn't want somebody to drive out of their way for an item that was clearanced and gone in 2005.