PDA

View Full Version : 1995 525i starting problem....... HELP

jmr898
05-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I have a 1995 525i auto with 270,000 mile now, and my car has been very stong and i have kept the car up, but the car is starting to act up.

Every now and then I will start the car and drive somewhere, and the conditions are never the same then I will park and stop the car either for 5 min. or 5 hours and everynow and then the car will not start. The car will crank but not fire up, and after what it seems like 5 min. of trying the car starts and runs fine and dones't happen for at least a few days or longer.

Any ideas on what this could be or what i could check

Has anyone one had simliar not starting problems?

moots
05-10-2006, 11:41 PM
I have a 1995 525i auto with 270,000 mile now, and my car has been very stong and i have kept the car up, but the car is starting to act up.

Every now and then I will start the car and drive somewhere, and the conditions are never the same then I will park and stop the car either for 5 min. or 5 hours and everynow and then the car will not start. The car will crank but not fire up, and after what it seems like 5 min. of trying the car starts and runs fine and dones't happen for at least a few days or longer.

Any ideas on what this could be or what i could check

Has anyone one had simliar not starting problems?

This could very well be the crank position sensor.Do a search.

eggdog23
05-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I had similar problems for a few weeks, and then the car would not start at all. Fuel pump was replaced--back in business. Like moots said, do a search--seems like crank position sensor and fuel pump/filter come up a lot for this problem.

Rob
05-11-2006, 08:55 AM
My car would only start after trying for like 3 or 4 times. And had frek-all power. Replaced fuel pump, all power back and starts first time now.

Check fuel pressure.