PDA

View Full Version : glove box noises.....?

LAXman2205
05-10-2006, 09:17 AM
I just thought id double check on this. I've been hearing noises what seems to be coming from the glove box, has to be the computer I am guessing. They are like chirping noises and some times a weird squealing. It is always random when the noises occur and has been going on for quite some time now so I just thought it was normal. It makes the noises while the car is off with the key in position 2 and with the car running. Is this normal?

Rob
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
What do you mean to do with the computer? It's definitely not normal. As this doesn't happen with my car. More info might help us here. :)

LAXman2205
05-10-2006, 09:29 AM
I mean there really is not too much to say about this, its all in the last post lol, there have been no warning or codes or anything......jus these noises. The noises seem to be more active at colder weather

Rus
05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
The noises you are describing may be coming from a cooling fan that feeds fresh air to the control unit box under the hood. In this LINK (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=12_0352&hg=12&fg=35)
it is part # 10. It is known to cause noise if its worn out. It is also on in key position 2. Hope this helps.

pingu
05-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I hear clicking noises (whenever I brake) from the relay that does the brake lights - I'm in the UK and so this noise appears to come from the glovebox (on my left). I guess for you the relay would be around the steering but maybe it's by your glove box (on your right).

BillionPa
05-10-2006, 01:14 PM
i ripped out my glovebox a while ago and the only thing behind there is some airbag stuff and climate control stuff.

there is a fan in the E-box under the hood, but you shouldnt be able to hear it from the firewall.