PDA

View Full Version : relocate alarm LED????

facsman
03-25-2004, 10:05 PM
My alarm (factory) LED indicator is located in the back of the center console pointing towards the back seat below the air duct. This seems like an odd place for it to be located. I would like to relocate it to the dash. I have the service records and the original owner requested that the LED be moved to the dash but I guess it was never completed. Has anyone ever moved the indicator to the dash? Where does it go? Is it just a matter of drilling a hole and extending the wire? Thanks in advance.

1992 535I

Paul in NZ
03-25-2004, 10:10 PM
cos the standard place is in the middle of the dash top vent

Patrick
03-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Mine is in the same place as Facsman's. I have to say I really don't care where it's at, but that's just my opinion.

winfred
03-25-2004, 11:10 PM
that's where they go when the system is added on, i think it was in the dash only on factory installs with the fancy key. yes you can put the led where ever you want

My alarm (factory) LED indicator is located in the back of the center console pointing towards the back seat below the air duct. This seems like an odd place for it to be located. I would like to relocate it to the dash. I have the service records and the original owner requested that the LED be moved to the dash but I guess it was never completed. Has anyone ever moved the indicator to the dash? Where does it go? Is it just a matter of drilling a hole and extending the wire? Thanks in advance.

1992 535I

Paul in NZ
03-25-2004, 11:22 PM
It only comes on when i turn the key to the deadlock position.I dont have any kind of remote and I have never heard a peep.I dont know how it is set off.My car also has a UNIDEN alarm sticker on the door..I am confused.....

Patrick
03-26-2004, 01:23 AM
That RHD adds even more confusion!

JohnC
03-26-2004, 01:36 AM
mine is on right right of the steering wheel i guess on the opposite side of where the light switches are. i dont have a fancy key though. i wish i had the switchblade one.

LMC
03-26-2004, 09:23 AM
I have four LEDīs cause my car was stolen and it was a traumatic experience. One by door, and I donīt know if it works for thieves, but it looks really nice. Itīs my opinion, Easy installation to the light switch, the more difficult part :( was to get wires rear through the door rubber. :D

tdgard
03-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't know if your experience was the same--but the real trauma started when I got it back. Trust me, you don't want them back.

Unregistered
03-29-2004, 01:00 AM
mine is on right right of the steering wheel i guess on the opposite side of where the light switches are. i dont have a fancy key though. i wish i had the switchblade one.

i got the same deal as you... i might have the fancy key, but i dont know what it's supposed to be !!