PDA

View Full Version : Controls n clock

ahsanz
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
hi there,
since i've got a 535iA '91 for the 1st time i was wondering how to use all those buttons located with the clock. As it as an import from japan the manual is all in Japanese. Please if some1 could help me out and how can i tell if it has a cruise control or not.

cheerz,
M.A

GoldenOne
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
cruise control (atleast on my 92 525i) is the lever below the wipers...push forward to set, pull back to reduce speed, and i never have used the up/down part yet...so i'm not quite sure what they do...

as for the buttons by the clock...each one is unique, it can tell you the temp, time, date, avg mpg, range left on the tank, avg speed, stop clock, est. time of arrival, distance counter...lots of cool stuff, theres also one on the bottom right that I can never get to work but you can set a 4 digit code for ignition, get it wrong to many times and you cant start the car, unless you pull the battery...

neil_004
05-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Up and down turn the cruise control off. If you push straight in on the cruise knob it will resume your last set speed(as long as you have set one since you started the car)

Kulasstar
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
does anyone know how to use the 4 digit code for the ignition?
and how does it work you can only start you car after you punch in the code?
or does it automaticly start up after the code?

Rus
05-10-2006, 01:50 PM
To use the code feature:
a) Turn ignition key to position 1
b) Press the Code button
c) Select your code using the 1000, 100, 10, 1 Buttons
d) Press S/R

Remove ignition key.
To deactivate anti-theft:
Insert key and rotate to position 1 or 2. Enter your code. Press S/R or start engine.

This is straight from my owner's manual. Hope it helps. (Gonna go try it myself too :))

Kulasstar
05-10-2006, 01:55 PM
so using that code is only a anti theft feature right?
not a push start or anything right?

neil_004
05-10-2006, 02:58 PM
just anti theft. cuts off spark. you will still have to turn the key to start

Rus
05-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, the code is only an anti-theft feature. With the code enabled the engine will crank but will not start (tried this). Entering the code incorrectly three times will sound an alarm. Very useful feature.

zygoteer
05-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes, the code is only an anti-theft feature. With the code enabled the engine will crank but will not start (tried this). Entering the code incorrectly three times will sound an alarm. Very useful feature.

... and lock you out for a time period after disconnecting the battery etc ... as stated in the handbook

SchnellE34
05-10-2006, 07:11 PM
HR/Date: Gives you the time, press it again and it gives you the date
AVG MPG: Gives you the average miles per gallon since last reset, press it again to give you another average since last reset
Range: Gives you an aprox. of the miles of gasoline you have left
AVG MPH: Gives you the average miles per hour since last reset
Temp: Outside Temperature
Timer: Timer
ARR: Estimated Time of Arrival based on the distance inputed and AVG MPH
DIST: Input the total miles of your trip and it will count down the miles you have traveled and give you the ARR
M MPH: Maximum miles per hour, like a speed limit, it will chime and let you know you have exceeded this speed
Code: Explained above
S/R: Set and Reset

Questions? Ask...

Kulasstar
05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
man since i learned how to use that anti-theft code the other day i cant stop using it. even just parking in my garage i use it. now i cant wait to use the other controls. friggin sweet!