PDA

View Full Version : Autodim Mirror - keyless entry question

ericole
03-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Somebody had posted that I should reconsider getting one of these b/c they take several seconds to work. Not on my car, almost instantly darkens and clears. Neat!! It is awesome!!!

BUT, my keyless entry isn't working right now. Anyone anything about this? I understand that the red dome on the bottom of the mirror housing is supposed to be another pick up point for the keyless transmitter. I push the buttons and I get the two beep warning chirp, but nothing else happens. So, it is receiving, it just isn't working right. Doors don't lock, can't arm it, nothing! There are some dip switches on the control module (underneath the back seat), but none of them have anything to do with the mirror. Does anyone know if I am supposed to detach the antenna under the seat or something?

It almost acts like it needs to be programmed or something. It knows something is different, but doesn't know what to do with it. Sounds like Windows (ALL versions) when you add hardware. Stupid Windows - glad I use a Mac at home. :)

This has the little rectangluar connector with several pins. The wire was inside my headliner, bent back toward the driver's vanity lights. It also has a little rubber bootie on it for when I puncture the headliner to encase the hole and cover the wires where they come out to connect to the mirror.

Thanks for any help!!