PDA

View Full Version : An Observation: Good Spirits Keep Things Fun

NY535iManual
05-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Folks,

Just bought a 325ix, so I've been spending a fair bit of time on some e30 boards lately, not posting, just researching. I wanted to say that the group on here is amazingly more helpful and good humored than on many of these other boards, where it seems like people lurk just so they can spew profanity laced idiocy on other people, deserved or not.

I personally wasn't ever "flamed," but man, there are some mean (and technically impaired) people/psychotics driving e30s!!!

joshua43214
05-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Folks,

I personally wasn't ever "flamed," but man, there are some mean (and technically impaired) people/psychotics driving e30s!!!

They have e34 envy.

dacoyote
05-09-2006, 08:08 AM
thx... :-)

632 Regal
05-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I lurked a ton of places before I accidently found this place, this was the only one where people actually knew something. Other boards were stupid as **** like: Q. why does my car shake while braking at 55-65? A. you need to use 87 octane gas. i saw even stupider **** with a serious tone to it, these people werent even trying to be funny, just totally clueless.

Alexlind123
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
I have noticed that the 3-series drivers tend to be a bit more rowdy and immature.

SchnellE34
05-09-2006, 01:03 PM
I have noticed that the 3-series drivers tend to be a bit more rowdy and immature.

I agree.

angrypancake
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM

so you're saying i should drive a 3-series?! :p

GJPinAU
05-09-2006, 01:36 PM
They have e34 envy.
Or... they have both:D

ThoreauHD
05-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Interesting observation. The people here are very nice and they seem to know what they're doing. I got the 5 series because I can't fit my 6'3.5" ass in a 3 series. And something I've noticed is that tall people ain't got nothin to prove. For some reason, in my field, everyone that's successful is tall. Not moderately tall, I mean 6'2" to 6'8". Slightly offtopic, but I thought I'd bring it up. So I guess that may be one reason why it's a bit calmer here. No Napoleon's with their 3 inch measuring stick.

The people here are very helpful. I'm not a mechanic, and I should actually have that as my signature- but I know that I am not. Some others become confused and think that they are. I can only say what I can from experience, but the rest I leave to professionals- like the nice guys(with questionable taste) on this board. When it comes to information systems- I will rock your world. But here, no. A good man knows his limitations. And that about sums it up from my POV.

Zeuk in Oz
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Aaaah !

This much immitated but never quite achieved by others - secret of our success.

And the answer is .....Stupid posters like me who ask such stupid questions that post whores like Jeff can provide an esoteric and correct answer which impresses everyone ! ;)

Not to mention our gang of seriously knowledgeable folk of whom I will be forever in awe.

Not to mention the majority in between who all seem to have an area of expertise and so chime in when required.

Seriously though folks, couldn't agree with our poster more - to paraphrase Gayle - this forum keeps our old cars on the road where without it they might well be pensioned off ! :)

Zeuk in Oz
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Interesting observation. The people here are very nice and they seem to know what they're doing. I got the 5 series because I can't fit my 6'3.5" ass in a 3 series. And something I've noticed is that tall people ain't got nothin to prove. For some reason, in my field, everyone that's successful is tall. Not moderately tall, I mean 6'2" to 6'8". Slightly offtopic, but I thought I'd bring it up. So I guess that may be one reason why it's a bit calmer here. No Napoleon's with their 3 inch measuring stick.

The people here are very helpful. I'm not a mechanic, and I should actually have that as my signature- but I know that I am not. Some others become confused and think that they are. I can only say what I can from experience, but the rest I leave to professionals- like the nice guys(with questionable taste) on this board. When it comes to information systems- I will rock your world. But here, no. A good man knows his limitations. And that about sums it up from my POV.

So that's why I have never been a success - and I always thought it was because I didn't have sufficient grey matter ! :p After all. I'm still just practicing ! One day I'll get it right ! ;)

Interesting theory !

I wonder why they bother to put adjustable seats in E 34s if they are only driven by tall people ?

kyleN20
05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
thats because e30 is a starter bmw, then the move on, to maybe a e34, e36, then they go back tot he e34 because its awsome, and by the way, i would LOVE to have a 89 325ix coupe 5 speed, nice pickup

Kalevera
05-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I enjoy driving my black/black '89 325ix/4/5, Elise, more than the 535 at the moment. They both have their positives. The iX is light and crisp, peppy and loud. Fritz is solid, smooth, and quiet.

I'll wager that the E30 iX is a more expensive car to maintain than the 535, for various reasons. If yours has any kind of decent mileage on it, it needs a transfer case, unless it's already been replaced. In fact, it probably needs one regardless of mileage. Then there's the steering rack, p/s pump, front CVs and boots, the unique control arms, and the front strut housings. And the iX block is unique -- oil pump is situated differently. Plus all of the typical E30 issues. Need a pan gasket? Forget it. Might as well put an S50/52 in the car.

I've said it before -- .info is the only place I know of on the web where one can get accurate and professional information for free. No other forum like it.

best, whit

E34 530
05-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Folks,

Just bought a 325ix, so I've been spending a fair bit of time on some e30 boards lately, not posting, just researching. I wanted to say that the group on here is amazingly more helpful and good humored than on many of these other boards, where it seems like people lurk just so they can spew profanity laced idiocy on other people, deserved or not.

I'm guessing you're talking about r3vlimited ;) .