PDA

View Full Version : The end of my tranny saga....or is it?

JD525IA
05-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I have made a few posts in the past month or two about the issues I've had with my tranny.

Quick synopsis: Tranny overhauled, shifts great buy still occasionally get Trans Program, replace tranny shift valves, some pressure switch, and 5 visits later.....

Indy determines that it is the ECU. He actually found a BMW Technical Service bulletin that described the problem that I was experiencing: when coming to a stop, intermittant code is thrown for pressure sendor (causing Trans prog).

A new chip with updated software was aquired from BMW. Didn't work. Why? Turns out that my 525 was made mid-9/91, during a production change that added the neutral interlock switch.

Solution: My indy had to take my car to the local stealer, who, in turn, had to read some codes from my chip, send that data to BMW of North America, and then wait for them to send back a customized software to load to the chip.

My indy just called and said my car is ready, and that I need to drive the **** out of it and make sure this fault doesn't come back.

Any takers on how much $$$ will cost me?

JD

632 Regal
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
60 bux.
I have made a few posts in the past month or two about the issues I've had with my tranny.

Quick synopsis: Tranny overhauled, shifts great buy still occasionally get Trans Program, replace tranny shift valves, some pressure switch, and 5 visits later.....

Indy determines that it is the ECU. He actually found a BMW Technical Service bulletin that described the problem that I was experiencing: when coming to a stop, intermittant code is thrown for pressure sendor (causing Trans prog).

A new chip with updated software was aquired from BMW. Didn't work. Why? Turns out that my 525 was made mid-9/91, during a production change that added the neutral interlock switch.

Solution: My indy had to take my car to the local stealer, who, in turn, had to read some codes from my chip, send that data to BMW of North America, and then wait for them to send back a customized software to load to the chip.

My indy just called and said my car is ready, and that I need to drive the **** out of it and make sure this fault doesn't come back.

Any takers on how much $$$ will cost me?

JD

JD525IA
05-09-2006, 05:36 AM
the stealership charged 1.5 hours of labour. My indy didn't charge anything, so I can be thankful for that.