PDA

View Full Version : M5 control arms

Felixdacat
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Whats up guys and gals,

I just bought used aluminum M5 control arms, and one of the balljoint boots is split. You can tell it was done when taking off. Can the boot itself be replaced? It looks like the joint can be replaced also. Is this so? Or should I just pack it with grease, and seal the split? Any suggestions would be great. BTW I used ebay...and I spent 17.00us on these with a idler arm.
Thanks Derek

Russell
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Are these lower control arms? If so I am not sure bushings can be replaced on aluminum arms. If true, not sure you can even replace tie rod ends. It seems as if I have seen generic boot repair kits availble. Other people may know for sure. Good luck.

I question why anyone would sell good m5 lower control arms? They would cost about $200 buck each discounted. of course, you got them cheap. But you do not want to waste your time/money on installtion if they are no good. just my opinion.

Felixdacat
05-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes these are lower control arms. The bushings are in great shape, its just the one balljoint boot. I guess the guy didn't know what he had when selling.

diamond777
05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
felix i think he knew what he was doing -selling you ****- i would look elsewhere for the right part in good shape and not even try to fix that -they almost always break when removing and they are removing them for a reason in the first place gl

Felixdacat
05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I'll start looking again....Thanks .....Derek