PDA

View Full Version : Terrigal Meet - June 3

mattyb
05-08-2006, 03:33 AM
hey peoples, just a quick reminder to see whos coming and who doesnt know about the meet yet. June the 3rd at Terrigal NSW is on. if u need directions etc pm me. I'm thinking after speaking with greg that a cruise would be a good idea before beers etc. Theres a nice run not far from terrigal, about half an hour away in the area of mangrove mountain. Plenty of nice long straights and a few corners. its the old freeway thats not used any longer and is quite a nice little drive. Its on the way to terrigal so we could either meet at terrigal and then cruise back there or when u guys get off the F3 we could have a quick break and then head to the run( 5 minutes off the f3) then go to terrigal. opinions and suggestions more than welcome. look forward to seeing u guys again and meeting those I have not met before.

Mattyb

liquidtiger720
05-08-2006, 03:48 AM
OT: Mattyb what kind of wheels are those?

GJPinAU
05-08-2006, 02:08 PM
01/06 UPDATE

RSVP List:
MattyB, GJPinAU, BigKriss, Genphreak, Phil & Cheryl Sanderson, Wingman (later), Bimmerman, Rob101, Boom n Zoom
Apologies: Romus (maybe later), Stacy, Zeuk, Tim Wolter, Kev535, Mamilapon

Itinerary
For Convoy to Terrigal: Meet at MacDonalds, Pennant Hills Road, Thornleigh at 11:00am for 11:30 departure. Grab a quick snack if you're hungry.
My mobile no. 0412 124 926

Cruise along old Pacific Highway thru to Kariong (photo ops)
Back to Matty's for food and beer etc (BYO to start)

the following disclaimer is taken from eurocca.net website but is relevant to our meetings.

PLEASE NOTE: Bimmer.info, its affiliates and its organisers cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury either as a direct or indirect result of an event organised or affiliated with Bimmer.info. By joining and following this event, you agree to these terms. YOU CRUISE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTE: BE SENSIBLE. Remember, that if the public sees one or two idiots in the group, they will assume everyone is an idiot. Please stick to the speed limit. It's not a race day.

BigKriss
05-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Sounds good Matt. I was talking to Nick yesterday, he's coming also.

mattyb
05-08-2006, 03:47 PM
i think they are called basket weaves, i dont know the style number. i call them bastard weaves as they are a bastard to clean and keep clean. I have to use an old toothbrush to get into the weave pattern to clean them. i much prefer yours actually, they look easier to clean.

E34 530
05-08-2006, 04:31 PM
OT: Mattyb what kind of wheels are those?

They look like OEM basketweaves from the e31 8 series.

GJPinAU
05-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Just spoke to Phil, he said Geoff Hoad was coming.

He'll need to officially RSVP

genphreak
05-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Sounds good Matt. I was talking to Nick yesterday, he's coming also.yap- I'm gonna be tearing the tarmac up, all the way to terrible terrigal with beers and whatever else you'd like us to bring along Matty, just make a list up so the bbq is well stocked... I hope Rob in Qld is still coming, Kris if he is, I offered for one of us to pick him up at the airport, since he wasn't going 2 bring the 5er full of babes like he could so easily do... Same goes for Paul over there in the long flat island of 2 halves, tho he needn't bring the 5er of course (just some babes from the plane'd be fine~)

BigKriss
05-08-2006, 10:29 PM
yes. I'll be coming along.

Zeuk in Oz
05-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Hoping to get there, but probably won't know for sure until the week before. ;)

wingman
05-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I will definately be there (by myself i.e. Wingman + E34 + beer - no kids/wife). I'm keen to meet up in Sydney with anyone driving up but remember that I'll be travelling at the speed limit so I might get left behind:D . We should try and get an itinerary posted so there is no confusion of times and places. I'm really looking forward to this one!

rob101
05-09-2006, 12:40 PM
i should be there, need to ring the rele's to make final arrangments but i spoke to them a fortnight ago and everything seems okay. I'll be staying at alexandria so will anyone be able to pick me up? i am flying down for the weekend, i think i'll take friday off work and get there friday morning fly out sunday night.

rob101
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
since it will be rob-e34 it'll have to be rob-e34+beer in order to balance the equation!

michaelsbm
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Hello fellow Oz e34 drivers. New to this site but have had my '93 540iA for a year now. My brother lives in Terrigal but I doubt if I'll be driving up from Melbourne for the meet. You all have fun though. FYI the BMW Clubs bi-annual National meet will be in Melbourne Easter 2007 and will include both Show and Shine and Autocross so put that in your calendars. Cheers Michael.

mattyb
05-09-2006, 07:31 PM
hi there michael. welcome aboard. how about some pics of your car, i think we have twins!

mattyb
05-11-2006, 07:24 AM
bump

Boom n Zoom
05-12-2006, 11:08 PM
but I plan to be in Terrigal on the 3rd it will be an overnighter Friday, return Sunday afternoon if I get my pass approved from the minister for war and finances.

BnZ

GJPinAU
05-14-2006, 06:35 PM
but I plan to be in Terrigal on the 3rd it will be an overnighter Friday, return Sunday afternoon if I get my pass approved from the minister for war and finances.

BnZ
The more the merrier:D
Would you be driving or flying?
Let us know what we can do to help you be there.

Boom n Zoom
05-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Signed Sealed and now I have to deliver myself to Terrigal.:D

I am coming down and I will be driving down Friday afternoon/evening to Newcastle. Spend the night there.

I will then hit the freeway down to Terrigal on Saturday Morning.

Looking forward to this.:)

Oh and no Kids or Wife with me either but I shall bring Beer.

mattyb
05-15-2006, 05:59 PM
are you familiar with the f3 turn off to wyong / The entrance. This is the one to take if your coming from the north. I can send you a map if you like or you can go to www.travelmate.com and click smart trip. enter tuggerah and terrigal or pm me if you need better instructions

rob101
05-16-2006, 04:58 AM
lock it in eddy, i'll be flying down on thursday (the 1st) night and staying at my uncle's place. Big Kriss has offered to give me a lift up to terrigal so i will be there :p

Boom n Zoom
05-16-2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the info MattyB, I hope that I will have my GPS system by then, still awaiting delivery at the moment. But if I need some help I will be sure to PM you. :)

Rob101, I was going to offer the shotgun seat in my last post, it still stands if you are interested, PM me if it's an option otherwise I will see you there.

I have one question, when and where are you likely to meet for those who are coming up from Sydney?

rob101
05-16-2006, 06:12 AM
thanks alot but we've kind of setup things etc. but i am pretty keen to see big kriss' suspension mods in accion anyway. although it looks like your 540i has been "warmed" somewhat as well :D

Boom n Zoom
05-19-2006, 05:51 AM
No worries rob, I should have offered earlier.

See ya there.

rob101
05-21-2006, 05:45 PM
No worries rob, I should have offered earlier.

See ya there.
i'll have to speak to you about your exhaust mine is just about given up the ghost its leaking etc. keen to put a stainless on with a remus :D

wingman
05-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Okay getting close now. Matty can you please post the address, times etc. I'll 'whereis' the address or directions would be great. I'm pretty familiar with the main drag of Terrigal. If you are concerned about posting the address a PM would be great.

GJPinAU
05-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Okay getting close now. Matty can you please post the address, times etc. I'll 'whereis' the address or directions would be great. I'm pretty familiar with the main drag of Terrigal. If you are concerned about posting the address a PM would be great.
Aren't you gunna meet us at Macca's?

Boom n Zoom
05-22-2006, 05:45 AM
a meeting point for the guys coming up from Sydney?

I wouldn't mind the cruise from Sydney back up if I get my act together and can make it in time. :)

wingman
05-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Please explain

GJPinAU
05-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Please explain

Post #5 of this thread.

rob101
05-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Post #5 of this thread.
don't you mean no.3?

GJPinAU
05-22-2006, 06:57 PM
don't you mean no.3?
Nope.
the one that starts with: 19/5 UPDATE is #5

rob101
05-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Nope.
the one that starts with: 19/5 UPDATE is #5
thats unusual, my #5 is mattyb's post about basket weaves your's is #3

GJPinAU
05-22-2006, 10:38 PM
thats unusual, my #5 is mattyb's post about basket weaves your's is #3
bugger me!

wingman
05-22-2006, 10:56 PM
bugger me!

It's number 5 on mine. See you there!

rob101
05-22-2006, 11:01 PM
bugger me!
yeah, i am in linear mode you must be in threaded view mode.
anyway not to worry

Boom n Zoom
05-23-2006, 01:09 AM
My apologies.... Stupid here hasn't read from the front of the thread for awhile.

So now that I am on the same page as you guys.....*sigh*

I will try and make the meet at the Golden Arches in Thornleigh for the cruise.

kev535i
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
sorry i cant make it guys - work commitments- but will be there in spirit and look forward to the photos- maybe next year

wingman
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
There is a possibility that I wont be able to make it until the evening (long story, wont bore anyone). Mattyb can you PM me your address and/or phone number please.

Zeuk in Oz
05-26-2006, 02:55 AM
Bad news, can't make it ! :(
Oldest offspring has had to schedule his 19th birthday party for that Saturday night.
Sorry guys.

mattyb
05-26-2006, 08:09 AM
noooooooooo!!!!!!

genphreak
05-26-2006, 05:01 PM
noooooooooo!!!!!!Mate I've heard of Double Ds being compelling but you've got triple Bs (Beer, Bbq & Bimmers) and its still not good enough for these blokes... what's the deal? This is really not on! Zuek, how come your son's 19th birthday takes precedent?- Weren't 18 of them enough? It'll be sad to miss any single body- we're already assuming (Phil Sanderson won't be able to come as he hasn't piped up yet, but we're offering him a cheafeured lift of course:)- but he really does have an excuse after all... :( Nick

rob101
05-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Mate I've heard of Double Ds being compelling but you've got triple Bs (Beer, Bbq & Bimmers) and its still not good enough for these blokes... what's the deal? This is really not on! Zuek, how come your son's 19th birthday takes precedent?- Weren't 18 of them enough? It'll be sad to miss any single body- we're already assuming (Phil Sanderson won't be able to come as he hasn't piped up yet, but we're offering him a cheafeured lift of course:)- but he really does have an excuse after all... :( Nick
this is why you should never have kids :p

Zeuk in Oz
05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Hang on guys - I'm the one who is disappointed here !

His birthday was actually 20th May but various Uni obligations got in the way and seeing as how he didn't have an 18th (his choice) I have no choice.

Have a great time anyway - you won't miss me !

Zeuk in Oz
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
this is why you should never have kids :p
Agreed, time over, no wife & no kids. ;)

wingman
05-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Zeuk who? from where?:D

GJPinAU
05-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Bad news, can't make it ! :(
Oldest offspring has had to schedule his 19th birthday party for that Saturday night.
Sorry guys.
It must be karma - I didn't have you on the RSVP list.

How about - coming for the drive to Matty's, a quick g'day then bugger off ;) you could be back in time for the party.

Zeuk in Oz
05-29-2006, 01:00 AM
It must be karma - I didn't have you on the RSVP list.
Sob - gulp.............................................. .......................

mattyb
05-30-2006, 05:56 AM
OKI DOKI FOLKS! Its been bloody cold up here so if u have a sleeping bag, favourite blanket and pillow bring it with you ok. Phil S gets the spare bed as its age over beauty for is event. if u want to share the bed with Phil S thats up to you and Phil ! Otherwise its 2 lounges and 2 x double mattresses and some floor space but comfi enough. Gayle: I have reserved a spot for u in my budoir as my wife is away for the weekend just in case ur thinking of a quick trip to OZ and if 632 is coming Big K aint fussy about where he gets the action these days.(the other white meat?)

I have asked Big K to give me a call when ur all leaving Sydney so maybe I will meet you guys at Kariong at the BMW dealership. The best place for a spirited cruise is at Mangrove mountain and surrounding areas which is on the way to my place. u guys may want to just put your feet up after the drive to the coast so if u want to cruise later or on Sunday let me know.

All good at this end and look forward to seeing u all this weekend.

romus
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry guys, I'd wanna join you more than anything but I have to turn up at this wedding, I hope the guy knows what he's doing to me by organising the damn thing on the very same date. I got him into BMW's and he's looking to buy an E46, so maybe one day he will understand why the "big fuss" :). ****.

Anyway, have fun, and I'll see you in August.

GJPinAU
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Worthington's - a great place for a photo op ;)
See ya Saturdee
Greg

mattyb
05-31-2006, 03:20 AM
DONE! WORTHOS IT IS. did u get my pm? give me a bell when u go past the weigh station at Mt White. see ya

rob101
05-31-2006, 03:22 AM
cool, i am still all set don't know about a sleeping bag as i have to travel on the plane etc.
anyway should be good
i must warn you i am only 23, so officially i am the baby of the group :p

mattyb
05-31-2006, 05:36 AM
dont worry to much about the sleeping bag part. that doesnt apply for the interstate folks that are flying!

mamilapon
06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Guys I am so sorry i won't be able to drive up. my wife just had a pretty big operation last week and it would be unthinkable of me to just leave her for the w-end. Anyhow I'm sure you guys will have a fantastic time. Post some photos!!

genphreak
06-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Guys I am so sorry i won't be able to drive up. my wife just had a pretty big operation last week and it would be unthinkable of me to just leave her for the w-end. Anyhow I'm sure you guys will have a fantastic time. Post some photos!!Sorry to hear that bud, we're gonna miss you and Zeuk. I guess life is full of such troubles, just hopefully not too many. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for her, don't worry about us, your presence is mandatory we completely understand!

Zeuk; have a ball a the party... maybe we should do a phone hookup there too... Matty- any more on this idea? A Skypecast/MSN link or such... is surely possible to our Cousins too, no? :D Nick

rob101
06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
what did you guys do to the weather down here
where did the sun go? :(
I hope there is sunshine tomorrow.

GJPinAU
06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
what did you guys do to the weather down here
where did the sun go? :(
I hope there is sunshine tomorrow.
So you're here.
Don't you and Kris get into too much trouble tonight :D
Seeya

mattyb
06-01-2006, 07:46 PM
bloody melbourne weather

rob101
06-01-2006, 10:11 PM
bloody melbourne weather
tell me about it, its raining and everything. fingers crossed tomorrow should be better

GJPinAU
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
tell me about it, its raining and everything. fingers crossed tomorrow should be better
After enough beers you'll forget about it ;)

rob101
06-02-2006, 12:13 AM
After enough beers you'll forget about it ;)
ah touche! i'll have to tell you about my thursday evening most random afternoon i've had in a long time. but i somehow made my flight on time:)

Boom n Zoom
06-02-2006, 03:13 AM
I too will not make the cruise, work 'issues' :rolleyes:

I cannot leave until later tonight so I will be driving straight down to yours mattyb if that is ok.

My mobile No 0411 519 144. If anyone needs to call

GPinAU I have your Mobile No. I will give you a call around 11:00ish tomorrow.

Look forward to meeting you all.

BnZ[with the black grubby 540]BnZ

wingman
06-02-2006, 04:53 AM
Guys,
Can I please stress the important info contained in the disclaimers on this page. My colleagues LOOOOOVE the Old Pacific HWY and will not hesitate in booking you for speeds. I CANNOT and WILL NOT intervene in any 'meeting' you may have with the NSW Police Highway Patrol (HWP). Please do not mention my name if you are stopped as the ramifications for me (and then for you) are not worth thinking about. Let's have great weekend and get back home with no loss of demerit points or bank balance. Car talk, beer, BBQ...This is gonna be great!!!

Bimmerman
06-03-2006, 04:54 AM
I'll be there!

fukem5
06-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Big difference between you idiots and McDonalds?
There is only one clown at McDonalds fools.

mattyb
06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Thank you to all who attended. I would say that we had a swell time and I havent laughed so much in a long while. It was almost perfect except for the crummy weather but apart from that it was a great effort on every bodys part to get up here and contribute to the success of the meet.

Hope all had a safe trip home, especially keith(boomnzoom) who would be 200kms into a 900km journey at this time, what an effort!!

cant wait for the pics-as u know im a bit of a computa spastic and ill have to wait for BigK to put them up.

BTW- who's clay bar was that?

GJPinAU
06-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks for all your effort Matty.

FYI: Matty supplied and cooked/baked/grilled all the food for the feast.
Thanks mate, greatly appreciated.

To all who turned up, a big thank you for making a great day/night. I also haven't laughed that much for a long time.
Like I said originally I thought it might be a bit like "Big Brother" with a lot of major personalities put together then no one would say boo. Glad it didn't turn out that way.

Can't wait for our next "do" although it will take a lot to top this.

cheers,
Greg

P.S. fUKeM5, thanks for the laughs :D You are "fully sick"

P.P.S. Who do I owe for the beers???