PDA

View Full Version : turbo purchacse

jjdickm
05-07-2006, 10:04 AM
where is a good place to purchase a good ballbearing turbo I was looking at a garret gt42r turbocharger. I won't be buying this too soon got allot going on but for the future. I have to buy a transmission first.

kyleN20
05-07-2006, 10:45 AM
there is a guy on jonk's site blowneuroz.com that can get deals on turbos i think

Jon K
05-07-2006, 10:58 AM
where is a good place to purchase a good ballbearing turbo I was looking at a garret gt42r turbocharger. I won't be buying this too soon got allot going on but for the future. I have to buy a transmission first.

Jonathon - I sell them :)

PS - I got your check ( went home today to move things back from college ) once it clears I am going to order all your stuff, will be building it next week.

jjdickm
05-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Jonathon - I sell them :)

PS - I got your check ( went home today to move things back from college ) once it clears I am going to order all your stuff, will be building it next week.
sounds great, do you know how much a garret gt42r goes for and in your opinion would this be ideal for my setup?

Jon K
05-08-2006, 06:23 AM
A GT42R is a big turbo - thats a very high horsepower unit. We run a GT40R on a 3.0L VR6 engine for 680whp... you have an extra half liter, so, yeah the GT42R would be ideal if you're looking at huge power. Most people, however, run a T60-1 or a straight T4 on a 3.5L. If it were my car, I'd have a GT42R on it if I could afford to.

jjdickm
05-08-2006, 09:38 AM
A GT42R is a big turbo - thats a very high horsepower unit. We run a GT40R on a 3.0L VR6 engine for 680whp... you have an extra half liter, so, yeah the GT42R would be ideal if you're looking at huge power. Most people, however, run a T60-1 or a straight T4 on a 3.5L. If it were my car, I'd have a GT42R on it if I could afford to.
I was going to go with the gt40r but then decided I should just go for the one I truley want it will just take alittle more time for me to complete the car. so thats the one i want to go with it is the best one I could find it will be a while till I get it but I just started a new job and am making allot more. I will also be working on some more cars this summer as side project to sell or just get paid for labor. either way this car will be running this summer. Do you know how much the gt42s go for I found them on ebay between 1700-2500 but I don't really want to go through ebay to buy a turbo for some reason. I would rather have a fellow bmw enthusiast make a profit.

jjdickm
05-08-2006, 09:39 AM
also what kind of intercooler will be able to support this? I want to go with a water to air intercooler.