PDA

View Full Version : Door panel question

bbig119
05-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Here's the problem: I need at least one new rear door panel, possibly two. I've done a search and found many posts on repairing the panels, but the PO had a dog that caused some tearing and ripping of the leather and vinyl. I may be able to repair one of the panels, but the passenger side one is missing some of the L-shaped piece. Fortunately, the rear seat isn't as bad as the door panels.

I've got a '94 Calypso Red 540. The interior is listed as "parch" on the original sticker from the car. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the door panels changed to a more textured feel. I don't remember the specifics on what year, or particular exterior color etc, but mine are textured.

I'm able to find used door panels in online junk yard searches, but most just list the color as tan. Will this match the color or are there other shades or tan that I'll need to watch out for. Also, whats the deal with textured vs. non textured door panels?

I don't need to attack this project immediately, but if the panels I'm looking for are quite rare then I should begin keeping an eye out for them now.

Thanks for help and advice, Bryan

pyro
05-07-2006, 04:24 PM
make your own L pieces... me and hyper5 (his idea) made some

632 Regal
05-07-2006, 06:54 PM
theres different interior "tan" colors, parchment, pergament and I believe a couple others. Choose carefully. There should be printing on the flap in the middle of the rear seat where the arm rest flap covering the ski pass is.

Alexlind123
05-07-2006, 07:00 PM
theres different interior "tan" colors, parchment, pergament and I believe a couple others. Choose carefully. There should be printing on the flap in the middle of the rear seat where the arm rest flap covering the ski pass is.

My sticker is on the back of that flap. Its incredibly bright orange. The sticker, not the leather.