PDA

View Full Version : Its official. Its the head gasket

piman
05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Just under the old girl changing the belts and drip, drip, Underneath the exhaust manifold. I new the cam lobes were warn and I hummed and hawed about changing the cam. Well, its a good time to do the whole ball of wax. Anyone familiar with M30 headgasket swaps. I've done lots of em on Toyotas, Hondas, dodges, etc. Anything special about the 535? Your comments, insults, and advice is welcolme. Pi.:( :( :(

Rustam
05-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Just under the old girl changing the belts and drip, drip, Underneath the exhaust manifold. I new the cam lobes were warn and I hummed and hawed about changing the cam. Well, its a good time to do the whole ball of wax. Anyone familiar with M30 headgasket swaps. I've done lots of em on Toyotas, Hondas, dodges, etc. Anything special about the 535? Your comments, insults, and advice is welcolme. Pi.:( :( :(

Last year I blew the head gasket after some experimentation on increasing engine compression. I changed the camshaft, and the rest of things. Releasing the cam from m30 head is an arduous task for DIY'er without special tools. I developed very cost effective technique to release the camshaft that requires minor machining:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerdcib/e34a/id1.html

Zeuk in Oz
05-05-2006, 02:53 PM

Get a Bentley manual - fairley detailed. :)

Good luck.