PDA

View Full Version : Front end progress

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
ripped ther driver side binding shock out. Bistein driver side blown. Juice in the bottom of tube. Grabbing the Sachs and goin back up to the barn.

misfortune
05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
You got a lift? You have spring compressor?

SharkmanBMW
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
good luck, hopefully you have better luck with the sachs

Rustam
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
ripped ther driver side binding shock out. Bistein driver side blown. Juice in the bottom of tube. Grabbing the Sachs and goin back up to the barn.

pictures?

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 02:42 PM
gotta compress the springs a LOT with these shocks. New control arm in, the FCP bushings are ****, gotta order new thrust arms and do this again, they look mint but slop around like their missin something. FCP=TOTAL CRAP.

ThoreauHD
05-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I had the sachs installed and it seems to be a little softer ride than the kyb's. But honestly, I can't tell much difference.

Kinda glad I didn't get the bilstein's. I've never heard of a shock leaking so much- even the ghetto walmart brands. Maybe they should be contacted so they can redesign it. It doesn't do them much good to sell crap if they want to continue selling shocks.

Sorry bout your car Jeff.

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 03:29 PM
one side done including the new control arm (FCP so ill order new ones for that too), should last a month with any luck.

winfred
05-05-2006, 04:37 PM
the sachs/boge are a pain to install with the return springs that they have built in that retract the piston a couple inches, gotta get a good bite with the compressors and squash the **** outta the spring just to get the nut on

Traian
05-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Good luck Jeff, post any problems you run into btw. I will be tackling the same project as soon as I get the kit... Only difference is I will have absolutely no freakin clue what I'm doing :D

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 06:10 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/DSCF0003.JPG

http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/DSCF0004.JPG

http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/DSCF0005.JPG

a few years from now with what I teach this dude im bailing on a challange with him.

Shox taken up tomorrow.

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 06:19 PM
if you need any help pm any of the regulars bill r or winfred or me, its quite alright

Good luck Jeff, post any problems you run into btw. I will be tackling the same project as soon as I get the kit... Only difference is I will have absolutely no freakin clue what I'm doing :D

Traian
05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks sounds good, will be needing it. I also picked up a can of this Wurth Rost Off Ice from work, supposed to unstick rusted/stuck pieces/fastners by cooling them to minus 30 degrees (I probably made that up but it's something really cold anyhow), but apparently it's safe for rubber/plastics and pretty much anything. I will let y'all know how that works. But the damn delivery is takin so long if it doesnt get here in a couple of days the whole installation'll have to wait for the end of the summer. Damn I gotta stop rambling and ****...sorry.

BillionPa
05-05-2006, 10:05 PM
just get some canned air and turn it upside down

Scott C
05-06-2006, 02:12 AM
one side done including the new control arm (FCP so ill order new ones for that too), should last a month with any luck.

Does this mean that the scientific study on the quality/longevity of FCP parts is now complete?

Scott

632 Regal
05-06-2006, 05:38 AM
dont see any need for it, bout the hardest part is the sway bar link. If its not a lemforder your gonna have a bad time unbolting it.

Thanks sounds good, will be needing it. I also picked up a can of this Wurth Rost Off Ice from work, supposed to unstick rusted/stuck pieces/fastners by cooling them to minus 30 degrees (I probably made that up but it's something really cold anyhow), but apparently it's safe for rubber/plastics and pretty much anything. I will let y'all know how that works. But the damn delivery is takin so long if it doesnt get here in a couple of days the whole installation'll have to wait for the end of the summer. Damn I gotta stop rambling and ****...sorry.