PDA

View Full Version : Question from a newbie

md78
05-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Hello to everyone. Newbie here so I was hoping I could get a little help. It would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering what would be the best way to find out when I could get a reserve spot/get on the list for a new car that's going into production. For example: I heard that someone who just got called up by BMW because he had a spot for the M6.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

liquidtiger720
05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
call the stealership.

Paul in NZ
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
call the stealership.

And have some money(or an Avenue to some money)

Traian
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
You probably need advance info on the model you are interested in and go armed with that when you speak to a dealer representative, as often even the dealer will have no clue what's going on. One fellow at the dealership had no idea that there was even such a thing as the M6 coming out and other didn't believe me when I said the M5 and M6 will use the same engine (this a few months ago - not sure how the topic came up). Normally if it is some exceedingly rare car you are after, the company will often contact previous/loyal/important customers to notify them of the release.

wingman
05-05-2006, 10:33 PM
You probably need advance info on the model you are interested in and go armed with that when you speak to a dealer representative, as often even the dealer will have no clue what's going on. One fellow at the dealership had no idea that there was even such a thing as the M6 coming out and other didn't believe me when I said the M5 and M6 will use the same engine (this a few months ago - not sure how the topic came up). Normally if it is some exceedingly rare car you are after, the company will often contact previous/loyal/important customers to notify them of the release.

...And don't let them try and sell you something else. I read a story about a guy who wanted to buy an E60 525i and was waiting for the up-specced engines. The stealer spun him some crap about a 12 month waiting list so he could shift some old stock. The guy fell for it and bought a 'new' car that was superseded within weeks!