PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Koni is here

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-05-2006, 07:51 AM
So now I get to tear into my right front strut for hopefully the last time. What a way to spend a nice spring morning...

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 07:56 AM
amazing how quick we can do these after several shock replacements...

So now I get to tear into my right front strut for hopefully the last time. What a way to spend a nice spring morning...

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-05-2006, 08:31 AM
amazing how quick we can do these after several shock replacements...

Indeed. However, unlike your springs, mine require the use of the "widowmaker" spring compressor (screw type). I'm always very nervous about leaving the spring with the compressor on having seen what happens when they slip.

Scott H
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
it's still downright annoying to tear in to something over and over again....

Been thinking about Koni's for the 535iT and the M5, haven't been as anxious lately due to the various reports of failing ones.

http://www.hersted.org/Road%20America%202006/IMG_4235.JPG

Indeed. However, unlike your springs, mine require the use of the "widowmaker" spring compressor (screw type). I'm always very nervous about leaving the spring with the compressor on having seen what happens when they slip.

Qube
05-05-2006, 09:03 AM
heh. At least it's not the back and you have to tear down the seats :) I'm holding back on replacing my Bilstein HDs with Konis for this very reason...

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-05-2006, 09:20 AM
heh. At least it's not the back and you have to tear down the seats :) I'm holding back on replacing my Bilstein HDs with Konis for this very reason...

Normally you'd be correct, but I'm also changing out my rear SLS bombs and reverting to the OE rear springs. The back seat has to come out - maybe not this weekend though. We'll see how much energy I have after hitting the bar tonight.

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
ahhh but with the new sachs there is a top limit spring so I "will" have to use them damn things. Im inspecting tonight looking for the shimmy facter. The bushings look fine so im going to lift it with stands and see if somethings torn, has to be something going on under there.