PDA

View Full Version : Quickest access to a vacuum line on E34?

theirongiant
05-05-2006, 06:25 AM
I am going to Seafoam my M50 engine, and I want to know the easiest place to access a vacuum line. Does the intake manifold have a suction hose just like the M20 engine?

On a related note, I read a BMW thread on a different forum where the poster removed his spark plugs and poured Seafoam directly into the cylinders and let it soak for a few minutes. Is this a good idea? How much Seafoam do I pour in? I expect that Seafoam and carbon deposits would come flying out the sockets as soon as I start cranking.

Seafoam really helped my old 3-series with the M20 engine; I'd love to give this one a good cleaning as well.

Any advice is appreciated.

joshua43214
05-05-2006, 07:15 AM
How big a vaccum line do you need? Just open the hood and find a vaccum hose and T in. I would recomend you don't run it through any check valves.

winfred
05-05-2006, 07:54 AM
the two ports in a m50 are the one for the fpr near the back and the one at the fitting for the icv directly in the center under the intake

632 Regal
05-05-2006, 07:55 AM
if you pour too much in the cylinders you can hydrolock it.

I am going to Seafoam my M50 engine, and I want to know the easiest place to access a vacuum line. Does the intake manifold have a suction hose just like the M20 engine?

On a related note, I read a BMW thread on a different forum where the poster removed his spark plugs and poured Seafoam directly into the cylinders and let it soak for a few minutes. Is this a good idea? How much Seafoam do I pour in? I expect that Seafoam and carbon deposits would come flying out the sockets as soon as I start cranking.

Seafoam really helped my old 3-series with the M20 engine; I'd love to give this one a good cleaning as well.

Any advice is appreciated.

theirongiant
05-05-2006, 08:04 AM
How big a vaccum line do you need? Just open the hood and find a vaccum hose and T in. I would recomend you don't run it through any check valves.
Not too big; just about 1/4" or so. I will be inserting the hose into a can of Seafoam. The suction should be strong enough so that the intake will "drink" it like water through a straw and spray it all over the inside of the manifold before feeding it to the cylinders.

Toeks
05-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Please explain what this is and what it does? I've never heard of it before....

Alexlind123
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
it cleans out your engine. You can put a can in your gas tank, or the intake.