PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket gauges and senders

beetos
05-04-2006, 12:31 AM
I am not using the stock coolant temp sender on my car as I ran a haltech with a coolant sender installed in a different location. I was wanting to install an aftermarket temperature gauge from VDO and there a number of thread options for the sender from 1/4 NPT up to M16 metric. I was wondering if anyone knew what threads the stock sensor has so I can try get an aftermarket equivalent sender.

Also, can anyone offer advice as to where to fit oil pressure and temperature sensors? My car has the factoy oil cooler.

Many thanks

winfred
05-04-2006, 03:55 AM
oil temp can be gotten with a special oil drain plug and pressure and be gotten from the stock port on the head, if you want to keep the dummy light and avoid the warning from the obc get a T and screw the stock sender into one side and your sender to the other

Rustam
05-04-2006, 05:33 AM
I am not using the stock coolant temp sender on my car as I ran a haltech with a coolant sender installed in a different location. I was wanting to install an aftermarket temperature gauge from VDO and there a number of thread options for the sender from 1/4 NPT up to M16 metric. I was wondering if anyone knew what threads the stock sensor has so I can try get an aftermarket equivalent sender.

Also, can anyone offer advice as to where to fit oil pressure and temperature sensors? My car has the factoy oil cooler.

Many thanks

these people should be able to help you with the fitting:
http://www.egauges.com/

535ise
08-12-2006, 07:27 PM
oil temp can be gotten with a special oil drain plug

Hi, sorry to drag this old thread up but i would like to know where i can get one these oil drain plug sensors from please ?

Does it come from another BMW or is it an after market sender ?

winfred
08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exec/product_id/864/search_year/1990/search_model/36

Part Number: 31791 incase it doesn't show up, bmp's web site can suck

535ise
08-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks ! :)