PDA

View Full Version : Just some suggestions from you guys, please?

Rob
05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Howzit Guys,

I would like some suggestions from you guys about an annoying issue I have with my E34.

The tape holder in the center consol. I have no use for this at all. And I would rather have space there to put my cell phone and other things, rather then the tape holder, that I have never used and doesn't work 100% anyway. I know I could just remove it. But I don't want to be left with a big fat hole in the center.

Anyone got any suggestions about this?

Thanks all.

winfred
05-04-2006, 03:50 AM
there shouldn't be any hole unless someone cut one and used the tape thing to cover it, usually the only time theres a hole is when they install the cell phone plate there and that's small

Rob
05-04-2006, 04:01 AM
Oh, okay. Now that confuses me slightly. Do I just remove the tape holder's them selves, or the whole thing?

Dr. evil
05-04-2006, 04:32 AM
i have the same thing, i have already tried to remove it but it seens like it leaves a big hoe where it was. soo i just hide money and other papers in the caset holders

Rob
05-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Ya, I didn't fully remove it, however when I tried to move it a little, it seems like it was going it leave a big hole in the center. I can't have that. What if I try removing the tape holders themselves? the ones that pop up when you press the button on top of them?

Rob
05-04-2006, 04:44 AM
You see I need to secure place to leave my cell phone in the car, while driving. I normally leave it on the dash, passenger's side. If I put it anywhere else, even sometimes on the dash, it goes flying all over the place as I turn corners ect. :(

joshua43214
05-04-2006, 05:55 AM
The tape holder was an accessory, you should be able to just pop it out. If someone hacked every thing out, you will need a new console.

RobPatt
05-04-2006, 09:36 AM
...did that in my '93..

only thing is, towards the rear there's a little hole where the light bulb and small wires went inot the bottom of the tape holder.... can just d/c that and that's it.... actually my dial tire pressure guage sits there, w/the protusion going right into the hole so never know.... not bad at all. go for it.

Rob
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Okay, this weekend I will pull it out and see what I come up with.

Thanks Guys!

CharlesAFerg
05-04-2006, 09:18 PM
When was this included in the car, the center console seems too small for that to fit mine, was it enlarged for specific e34s?

Rob
05-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Not too sure. However mine definitely has one. And I find no use for it at all! :(