PDA

View Full Version : these cars are pieces of shi#

pyro
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I go to do parked vent install on bmw e34.net and couln't find the connecotr so i put it all back together and now my firgin obc dons't have a backlight... bulbes are fine ane everything jsut dosn't light up it shows the time on the cc display and on the obc jsut no backlight! I checked the fuses to and all good in there.

blah im just sick of this kind of ****:(

E34 530
05-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I hear you man. It seems like everytime I start a project on the car nothing sems to finish 100% smoothly. I seem to encounter problems every time I work on the damn car lol.

632 Regal
05-03-2006, 06:04 PM
you pissed your car off even more if it heard you!

Totally done with em! I go to do parked vent install on bmw e34.net and couln't find the connecotr so i put it all back together and now my firgin obc dons't have a backlight... bulbes are fine ane everything jsut dosn't light up it shows the time on the cc display and on the obc jsut no backlight! I checked the fuses to and all good in there.

Qube
05-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Give me your car :) I'll take it off your hands for $1000

SchnellE34
05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I think there might be a few people here (myself included) that would beg to differ...

Kalevera
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
It's not the car that's the piece of fecal matter, G.

(said in the voice of Wolfgang the VW guy).

Alexlind123
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Your backlight doesnt work? Send it to the crusher.

joshua43214
05-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Totally done with em! I go to do parked vent install on bmw e34.net and couln't find the connecotr so i put it all back together and now my firgin obc dons't have a backlight... bulbes are fine ane everything jsut dosn't light up it shows the time on the cc display and on the obc jsut no backlight! I checked the fuses to and all good in there.

Sometimes my speed doesn't get along with my mods....

I hear you though man, Sometimes you just need to rave. Consider this though, you are doing a mod that most shops would refuse to indulge in. The water is murky and not well charted.

I once spent 45 minutes trying to install 1 nut on a Mercedes. At a certain point, I found my self throwing a socket at the floor over and over. My co-workers where giving me odd looks, and my boss finaly suggested I go smoke a ciggerette and calm down. By the time I got it on, I could barley move my fingers because they where so cramped. The next time I had to deal with the same nut, I just jacked the damn engine out of the car, reached in and did it. Sure it took a bit more time, but was alot less frustrating.

pyro
05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
well now that i have coold off:D ended up the shock of removeing it broke all 3 bulbes... gez my luck is bad but nothing big... and btw sorry for the anger :p

Rustam
05-03-2006, 06:53 PM

perhaps you can take a deep breath and go through the process slo-w-ly?

Qube
05-03-2006, 07:07 PM
I concur with those 'think things through' posts...

I was attempting to change the halo bulbs and HID bulb with the headlamp installed... SURE, it MIGHT be quicker but when you think about it, it's just SO MUCH LESS grief to remove the lamp and get the job done.

Nick.Hay
05-04-2006, 12:53 AM
They are only a peice of **** if you start fukkin' with them!!

Left well alone, in factory-standard condition, then they are awesome.
(But... whats the fun in that!!) :D

Its just coz they are so impeccibly finished, and so jam-packed with stuff, that as soon as you start pulling stuff out, modifying etc... It all get dodgy.

Everything MUST go back exactly how it came off... Then you just gotta be lucky ;)

I sympathise Pyro... I hate it when stuff doesn't go to plan. :(

Rory
05-04-2006, 04:35 AM
I go to do parked vent install on bmw e34.net and couln't find the connecotr so i put it all back together and now my firgin obc dons't have a backlight... bulbes are fine ane everything jsut dosn't light up it shows the time on the cc display and on the obc jsut no backlight! I checked the fuses to and all good in there.

So let me get this straight? The OBC worked just fine. Then you tinkered with it installing the parked car ventilation system? Now the OBC doesn't light up? Yeah, sounds like a POS car and definitely not operator error in any way.

Regards,
Rory

pyro
05-04-2006, 05:11 AM
So let me get this straight? The OBC worked just fine. Then you tinkered with it installing the parked car ventilation system? Now the OBC doesn't light up? Yeah, sounds like a POS car and definitely not operator error in any way.

Regards,
Rory

Well what ended up happening when i took the obc out the shock of clicking out of its track broke all three bulbes...

P.S Sorry to those that had to listn to me get angery... I just needed to take a deep breth and realise its something simple rather than needing a new obc...

neil_004
05-04-2006, 05:39 AM
I did the parked ventilation on my car little over a week ago using the e34.net instructions. I found the 1 wire 4 hole conector but couldnt find the one listed in the picture at the bottom of the instructions (8 pin). It leads me to believe that some of the earlier cars might not have had this connector. I just vampired onto the wires from the pins listed and hooked it up to a bosch relay. Works great. Good luck if you try again.

Lennyz525i
05-04-2006, 08:52 AM
If there would be a crown for screwing things up while trying to fix something on an E34, it would be mine.

I did learn a lot more about cars by screwing up DIY jobs. :)

pyro
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Where did you find the 4 pin connector with the green wire? I looked all over for it...

neil_004
05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
If you look at the pic on e34.net you can see where the wires come from. In my car that conector along with all its extra wire was taped up near the bellows on the foot vent duct. I dont think there were any other solid green wires in that area. There was quite a bit of tape over the connector and wires.

pyro
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
yah counl't find em thats right where i looked