PDA

View Full Version : e34 530i (94) - Opinions Please

chris_e34
05-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey, this is my first post on this site so hello to everybody. I have had a 94 530i for quite some time now, im in the process of replacing head gaskets and anything else i may find in the process. The car also needs alot of suspension work, body work including front and rear bumper covers, and numerous other parts including a radiator, and water pump. The car was stolen and crashed. This car is a serious part of me, and i cant bring myself to let it go. However i found another 94 530i in impecable condition excluding the rear end damge it suffered, and i am debating whether or not to buy it and use my current car as a donor for the parts needed. My original plans for my car was to install k&n suspension, chip it, install an mtech e39 bumper kit, give it a paint job (black) install dinan free flow exaust, upgrade to larger calipers, drilled/slotted rotors, and of course angel eyes. but since this is a seriosuly expensive endevour on its own i am a bit short because of all of the workt that needs to be done just to get the car running. My dilema is in the body work that needs to be done ont he car that im looking at buying http://my.autorevo.com/revo/viewers/PopupViewer1.aspx?IID=26229&PID=736453
Imnot sure if the trunk is smashed in (not the trunk door) but inthe event that it is, would it be worth buying? the drivers side quarter panel appears to be fixable rather easily especially since i have a donor (if it comes down to wleding etc.) and the seller toldme the frame is not bent which is a huge plus. im getting an incredible deal ont he car under 2grand. what are some opinions on anything or everything...also my plans are to convert this thing to manual (my current would be a donor (brand new hoses and clutch, tranny mounts, and various other clutch parts) any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

E34 530
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
The name of the place that is selling this car wouldn't happen to be "Bimmer Classics" would it??

chris_e34
05-03-2006, 04:28 PM
yes it is, why? bad?

SchnellE34
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I would double check for yourself on the whole 'the frame is not bent' thing...

chris_e34
05-03-2006, 04:47 PM
what is the best way to make sure it is not bent? i am also 600 miles away from the car. so on that note would you recomend passing on this deal ...1500$ maybe lower depending on other people flaking out. also yes bimmer classics near atlanta...they have it listed on ebay as well. anythign wrong with them?

E34 530
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I have heard MANY bad stories about Bimmer Classics, mostly that they are crooks that lie about their cars. Here's a recent example of their shadiness that's about 1 week old.

Edit, I can't find the actual thread right now, but they basically lied and said the car had a new engine when it really didin't. When I find it, I'll post it in this thread.

632 Regal
05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
just looking at it Id say the frame is trashed.

Why do you need head gaskets?

SchnellE34
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
have them take some more and better pictures, maybe some without the rear end in its own freakin shadow. also tell em to jack it up and snap some from underneath.

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-03-2006, 05:11 PM
That looks like a lot of damage.

The only way I'd touch that is if I had donor e34 to "clip" and weld the rear back together.

chris_e34
05-03-2006, 05:26 PM
when they stole the car and crashed it the people continued to drive the car with a huge hole in the radiator......i also drove it home from the lot it was at (less than a mile) and i had another cylinder blow on the drive.blitzkreig i plan on using my current 530 as a donor....for everything. body, all neccesary parts for auto-manual conversion, anything else it needs...

E34 530
05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
here ya go...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523866[/

SharkmanBMW
05-04-2006, 11:43 AM
sell yours and buy one in good body condition... you are looking for serious headaches by what you are proposing!

chris_e34
05-05-2006, 02:41 AM
Hey guys here are some more detailed pictures of the damage, i have a donor e34 that can be used if need be, so keep that in mind. Do you guys still think the frame is trashed? in terms of the car being off balance and what not... is this worth buying for 1500? (the engine bay is cleeeaaannn) anyway, thanks
www.malcontentpunk.com/re530i.zip

Rob
05-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Looks like the frame is trashed. However I would take the car and use all the other parts off it that are good for your car. Unless you can fix your car up for less then $1500?

ILoveMPower
05-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Don't waste your money on that car, I can almost guarentee there's frame damage, and just because they spent some time cleaning the engine bay doesn't mean a thing.

I was already going to tell you not to go for this one, but after reading the thread about bimmer classics, STAY AWAY!

fkong777
05-05-2006, 07:29 AM
I suggest you pickup a Clean sample of 525 and chip it. V8 make the car feel much heavier without that much more HP gain on the 530. Also a lot more maintence issue with V8.

The amount of work and time involved to get this car back in order will probably exceed the price of a good sample of E34 530.

something to think about . The body work will cost at lease 2000-3000 to fix at a bodyshop. Most likely this will be a salvaged title so your resale value will go down the draing 2000 or so.

That about $4000 -$5000!!! of Negetive equity on the car.. You have to Add this cost to the purchase price of the car. So it is about $7000 cost more or less.

So if you can find a clean 95 530 or 95 525 for about $7000 you will be ahead already because you can drive it right on Day one. No need to drop car off to repairs shops, down time, Problem finding Comp / Coll insurance.