PDA

View Full Version : Install Rear View Mirror

snavemit
05-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I just had my Windshield replaced. How do I get the Rearview mirror back onto that base place? Is it just brute force at the right location?

Thanks

MBXB
05-03-2006, 07:20 AM
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE63&mospid=47410&btnr=51_0474&hg=51&fg=40

No. 6 is glued to the glass
Mirror clips on to 6.

califblue
05-03-2006, 07:22 AM
gently...unless you want to buy a new windshield

dmenheere
05-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Offer the mirror up to the bracket glued to the windshield at a 45 degree angle. The retaining wires located in the mirror should then fit into a recess in the windshield bracket and you should just have to turn the mirror into the correct position. I hope that makes sense? Study how they go together and remmeber they have to be turned to lock into place.

You may be able to push it straight on but I would worry about the windshield cracking.

hth.

Dave Menheere

PS: if your mirror is loose you can undue the bracket on the back of the mirror and rotate the 3 wires so that the bent sections point to the center ... at least mine were bent and it would constantly rattle.

JonE
05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Offer the mirror up to the bracket glued to the windshield at a 45 degree angle. The retaining wires located in the mirror should then fit into a recess in the windshield bracket and you should just have to turn the mirror into the correct position. I hope that makes sense? Study how they go together and remmeber they have to be turned to lock into place.

You may be able to push it straight on but I would worry about the windshield cracking.

hth.

Dave Menheere

PS: if your mirror is loose you can undue the bracket on the back of the mirror and rotate the 3 wires so that the bent sections point to the center ... at least mine were bent and it would constantly rattle.

Hey! Good tip, thanks. my 3 series mirror was a bit loose, this should help.

Johntee540
05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Yahtzee! The loose mirror thing has been driving me nuts! What a great tip!- JT

NY535iManual
05-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Yep, this is a great tip - I've had the rattle a while now (known to induce madness) but never remember to try to figure out how to fix it when I have down time!!