PDA

View Full Version : "Overhaulin"

tim
05-03-2006, 03:48 AM
I love this show. Sometimes I get choked up a bit when these guys see their rides, after getting jacked with mercilessly by the crew on the show. When the guy who got the kidney from his friend saw his ride and his friend came out with Chip Foose I was in tears. Is this the guy's equivalent of the two hankie chick movie? Am I the only one? No other show does it to me. Ignore if you've never seen the show or hate it.

-Tim

1995 525i
05-03-2006, 03:53 AM
I love this show. Sometimes I get choked up a bit when these guys see their rides, after getting jacked with mercilessly by the crew on the show. When the guy who got the kidney from his friend saw his ride and his friend came out with Chip Foose I was in tears. Is this the guy's equivalent of the two hankie chick movie? Am I the only one? No other show does it to me. Ignore if you've never seen the show or hate it.

-Tim

Seeing as how much I love cars and how freaked out I would be if I received a one of a kind Chip Foose special, I would probably break down as well. I love the show and I love the work Chip does. His eye for detail and design is amazing. I do wonder how much those people have to pay in taxes on the work and how much their insurance goes up since the value of the car quadruples in some cases.

Michael

onewhippedpuppy
05-03-2006, 06:15 AM
Great show, I've never seen anything but tasteful work from Foose. The people are always so attached to the cars that it's always emotional, you can't not feel it.

CharlesAFerg
05-03-2006, 06:20 AM
I wonder if there are any pictures of those stupid "pimp my ride" cars that have gotten into an accident someplace floating around the net, and everyone knew where it was from... Oh man, that would make my day. Then again, its still expensive, but tasteless, so yeah...I wouldn't care.
lol
-Charles

ajt3nc
05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I would appreciate someone completely redoing my car to stock but would be upset with the 20 inch rims.I know they are foose specials but my old car is not meant to be sporting ricey rims.

SchnellE34
05-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Not ricey, their Foosey. His company designs them. I think they look good on most cars. Most of his wheels are similar to the stock of the particular era but just f'in big and chrome.

M20Turbo
05-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I have asked my wife several times to have Chip Foose steal my car. :D

Rigmaster
05-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm sick of this show- and I've probably only seen 3 or 4 complete episodes. It's like American Chopper and Monster Garage and all the other copycat shows out there now.

I will admit that it can be a little emotional when the owner sees the Overhauled car for the first time- especially if there's a sentimental story to their ownership of the car. But it's pretty much the same thing- they do the same "resto-rod" treatment to every car- and very few of those Foose wheels are worth a crap in my book- most of them just plain look like ****- totally out of place on most of the cars they put them on.

Don't get me wrong- I'm definitely NOT one of those automotive purists who believes that all cars must be restored EXACTLY the way they came off the assembly line- but I don't see the big deal in taking a POS old car, turning 10 guys loose on it with a huge budget and facilities. I mean, I'm just not impressed by that. Sure, the cars (usually) look REALLY nice (except the wheels), but there's very little true craftsmanship involved with most of these.

The Chopper shows are the worst- I remember seeing the first West Coast Chopper shows with Jesse James- he made alot of the parts of those bikes by hand- gas tanks, frames, etc......that was VERY impressive. But the guys at American Chopper call up their suppliers and order everything- engine, frame, tranny, wheels, seats, tank, etc- they sometimes do a little customizing to bare steel fenders, but that's about it. It's like a full size model kit- just put it together in the right order and you're riding in no time.

Every time I see someone wearing anything emblazoned with Orange County Choppers' logo (that they likely bought at Wal-Mart)- I have this sudden urge to kick them square in the nuts.

Bret.