PDA

View Full Version : Rear window Fog/Humidity

ThoreauHD
05-02-2006, 04:45 AM
I recall reading about an issue some folks have with the rear window fogging up after the car has been sitting for a bit, but I can't seem to find it.

1994 BMW 530i- In the mornings, it seems all of the windows and front windshield are clear, but the rear windshield is coated with humidity on the inside. Everyone elses windshield is clear as well, so it's not an outside issue. Are there any seals or vents that I can look for back there to find the leak? I have to hit the defogger each morning due to this.

I know it's guesswork on your part, but if you have heard anything about this oddity I'd be happy with a hint. Perhaps the whole thing needs to be resealed. I'm not quite sure what to look for or how. Thank you.

BillionPa
05-02-2006, 08:52 AM
My car is kind of ripped apart right now and i found vents going from the inside of the trunk right to the rear windshield area.

I would think its so if someone is locked in the trunk they dont die, but moisture would easily get through there.

Alexlind123
05-02-2006, 12:58 PM
My car is kind of ripped apart right now and i found vents going from the inside of the trunk right to the rear windshield area.

I would think its so if someone is locked in the trunk they dont die, but moisture would easily get through there.

Arent people who are locked in trunks already dead or soon to be dead anyways?

ThoreauHD
05-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Interesting. Good to know.. except for the body in the trunk part.