PDA

View Full Version : Weird Starting Issue

realness
05-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi all,

I went to start my car yesterday morning and it cranked but it wouldn’t turnover. So I turned the key a second time and it cranked but would not turn over. I did this two more times and I got the same results it cranked but no turnover. So I turned the key for the sixth time and I stepped on the gas and the car started. I let the car warm up and I noticed some white smoke coming from the exhaust after it cleared out, I turned the car off and tried to start it up again. It turned on as normal. I turned the car on and off a couple times and I had no problems. The car started up each time. I ran a couple of errands yesterday and I had no problems the car started back up each time. Even this morning it started it up before I went to the gym and then before I went to work. Does anyone know what cause this issue yesterday morning? Was something clogged? Was it a sign that something needs to be fix/replaced? Where should I begin to check or look at? I hate having this feeling when I go to start my car not knowing if it is going to start. I just replaced the spark plugs on April 12th about 2 and half weeks ago. Bosch platinum plugs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rustam
05-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

I went to start my car yesterday morning and it cranked but it wouldn’t turnover. So I turned the key a second time and it cranked but would not turn over. I did this two more times and I got the same results it cranked but no turnover. So I turned the key for the sixth time and I stepped on the gas and the car started. I let the car warm up and I noticed some white smoke coming from the exhaust after it cleared out, I turned the car off and tried to start it up again. It turned on as normal. I turned the car on and off a couple times and I had no problems. The car started up each time. I ran a couple of errands yesterday and I had no problems the car started back up each time. Even this morning it started it up before I went to the gym and then before I went to work. Does anyone know what cause this issue yesterday morning? Was something clogged? Was it a sign that something needs to be fix/replaced? Where should I begin to check or look at? I hate having this feeling when I go to start my car not knowing if it is going to start. I just replaced the spark plugs on April 12th about 2 and half weeks ago. Bosch platinum plugs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes mysterious things should be just allowed to pass without worrying. This seems like this time. However, you may want to check the crank position sensor connections and its condition.
_____
p.s. don't step on gas immediately after starting the engine, you will spoil the engine

realness
05-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Sometimes mysterious things should be just allowed to pass without worrying. This seems like this time. However, you may want to check the crank position sensor connections and its condition.
_____
p.s. don't step on gas immediately after starting the engine, you will spoil the engine

Yeah I understand what you are saying but I just don’t want to get stuck somewhere. I will take your advice into consideration. Where is the crank position sensor located?