PDA

View Full Version : Brake lt circuit

blackpawn5
05-01-2006, 06:07 AM
I dont know anything about electrical, so my display keeps say i have a brake light cicuit out, but when i checked my brake lights and over all lights they all work no problem, what could this be? How should i fix it

joshua43214
05-01-2006, 06:16 AM
before you follow all the advice you will get on fixing modules and wiring harnesses. remove each brake bulb and inspect it closely, you may have a bulb that the filiment broke and then "rewelded" itself together. Also, do not mix bulb manufacturers, I have seen light monitors trip from mixing manufacturer brands more times than I care to say.

Always cover the basics first, The bulb and its socket are the weak link. I usualy replace all the bulbs on the circuit first when cars come in with complaints like this, then proceed if there is still a problem. Ive never had someone complaign about having new bulbs since they are so cheap.

Jon K
05-01-2006, 06:44 AM
After you confirm its not the bulb...

Replace brake switch, if that doesn't work, replace Check Control Module.

I had to replace check control module after relpacing brake switch.

GJPinAU
05-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I dont know anything about electrical, so my display keeps say i have a brake light cicuit out, but when i checked my brake lights and over all lights they all work no problem, what could this be? How should i fix it
Do a search for LKM probs, you will probably be re-directed to Bruno's site.

gale
05-01-2006, 02:53 PM

If cleaning/replacing bulbs doesn't correct it, try the brakelight switch. Mine's been replaced 3 times with the supposed "improved style" switch & it still craps out about every 50k miles:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_25.htm

AllGo'n'Show
05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
LKM is my guess...

Took me about 20 minutes to fix mine, looks alot harder online then it is :)

Take your time on it if your not too sure but want to fix it for free. Its an easy fix, take ur time and get her done right.