PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

Rob
04-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Howzit Guys,

Well I'm still trying to fix my heater that only works when it feels like it. I noticed a new problem, issue arise two nights ago, while driving to my brother's new house. The OBC display doesn't light up anymore. I can see the time on it. But this is only at a certain angle. No back light! :(

Anyidea how to fix this?

Thanks guys!

genphreak
05-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Howzit Guys,

Well I'm still trying to fix my heater that only works when it feels like it. I noticed a new problem, issue arise two nights ago, while driving to my brother's new house. The OBC display doesn't light up anymore. I can see the time on it. But this is only at a certain angle. No back light! :(

Anyidea how to fix this?

Thanks guys! Pop it out and change the bulb. Use the forum's search function to find the details, its been discussed ad-nauseum.

So what have you done in your efforts to fix the heater?

Rob
05-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks, will look into it.

Well I'm not a 100% certain where to start on the heater. Because I'm unsure if my A/C is working. So it may be more then just the heater. I pressed the air con and turn the fan on. the air is just warm. not hot or cold? can this still be due to heater being stuck open?

Paul in NZ
05-01-2006, 12:50 AM
if the ac works its COLD

Rob
05-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Should I be able to hear it's motor running? How long does it normally take to get cold? i pressed the a/c button in and turn fan on, that's all i need to do to activate the a/c right?

genphreak
05-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Should I be able to hear it's motor running? How long does it normally take to get cold? i pressed the a/c button in and turn fan on, that's all i need to do to activate the a/c right?The compressor will turn on if there is gas in the system. If it has leaked out it won't. It turns on when you have the blower motor running and the ac button depressed. Your sword may upset this therefore. However once a good temp/pressure is gained in the AC system the compressor will 'take a breather' and cut off until the level drops and it is again needed. You can hear the clutch on the front of the compressor engaging and disengaging outside the car (hood down even) and the extra load the engine starts having to drive.

Check your Bently too!

Rob
05-05-2006, 09:32 PM
I think the A/C is empty, that's why it isn't turning on. Will take it to a shop to get re filled and check again.