PDA

View Full Version : OT: you know that gas prices are too high when......

ryan roopnarine
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
my "humorous anecdote". was exiting the freeway earlier this week, as i do several times a week as part of my morning routine, maybe 9-930. less than 1/2 mile from this exit, on the left, is a Mercedes/Buick/Jeep dealership (kraft motorworks). i normally turn right, but traffic is backed up onto the ramp, so i am forced to sit for a few minutes. i notice that on the left hand side of the ramp, there is a new mercedes R-Class "tourer" (cough...minivan...cough) with its emergency flashers on, out of traffic. about 4 or 5 people are standing outside of it. as i move closer, i see a black gentleman in a Kraft motorwerks polo shirt looking at the sky with a sad look on his face, like jesus had decided to screw with him personally at that exact moment. i keep moving forward, and as i do, i hear/realise what's happening. the sad look, the weird, pissed off, yet understanding universal, international expressions on the other 4 people's faces, the newness of the vehicle, and the unlikeliness of it having broken down due to a mechanical fault....somebody at the mercedes dealership let their shuttle/test drive vehicle RUN OUT OF GAS!!!! such boggles my mind, at very least. anyway, that's it. i also wanted to see how my new sig image came up after i reformatted it.

632 Regal
04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
hof the hell do they make a ****up like that? I mean send a prospective customer out with no fuel...I dont get it. Maybe they felt if he wanted it he would have filled it up? Or fill it up for the dealer?

Boggles the mind, anytime I sell a vehicle the fuel is topped off, another great selling point as far as Im concerned and I sell them to usually the first prospect.

SchnellE34
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
does the MB roadside assistance start before you buy the car?

ajt3nc
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
When I was a GM at a franchised dealer, not saying we sold MB/BMW and high end british SUVs, we received them with 2 gallons of fuel.
The standard was not to add more ( per company gurus ) because a thief would not stop for fuel.
Wanna tell the guy testing a 70k+ car that even if the fuel light is on he is okay to drive it around and then try to convince him that 15k is a good downstroke on the loan?
BTW , the mb/pacifica has a monster rebate even with the rolling stones selling out and advertising it.

genphreak
04-29-2006, 09:27 PM
2 gallons is a bit silly...

Maybe their procedures don't allow for the difference now- ie that they use up a gallon just starting the big V8 on a rich mix, firing up the the dual AC, multi cup coolers, stereo amps, TFT screens, Sat Nav, heated seats and power roof etc... By the time they are off the parking lot they have barely a minute to run... :D