PDA

View Full Version : Bruno's red thurst arm insert broke

Russell
04-29-2006, 06:23 AM
In August 2004 I installed Bruno's red Delin(?) thrust arm inserts in my upper thrust arms. They stopped the slight 55-65mph vibiration and stiffened the front end up a bit. IMO, It also rode a lot hasher. Now about 18 months and about 25,000 miles have passed. I started getting a lot of very loud clunking noise over sharp bumps. even more than normal. Also just got a slight vibration from the right front when lightly braking.

Checked it out this morning and 1/2 of one side (front side) of the passenger side bushing broke in half and was missing! Sorry no pictures.

My first thought was what did I hit to break them and there really must be a lot of force transmitted to these bushings. Of course the elements, time and mileage and mulltiple impacts would tend to stress the bushings.

Worst case situation. I got to put off replacing my thrust arms for 18 months. They were due anyway as the boots were known to be busted as of last fall. On the plus side I can now replace them because they broke and not because I wanted too. Sure helped with the wife! :)

Will replace myself or have my indy replace next week with Lemforder and 750i bushings.

Just my experience.

diamond777
04-29-2006, 06:52 AM
i got the lemforder with 750 bushings from bma for 208 with next day shipping included -put them in myself -piece of cake -well sort of -a little work involved but only took about 45 minutes

Russell
04-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Any problems? Special tools etc.? Heard form the archives, Many perople have big problems removing the tie rod like end.